Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time to have my old BT99 tuned up, tightened up, the broken front bead removed and replaced and given a good once or twice over.

Who is the best of the best of the best to do this service?

I'm in Southern California so I'm pretty darn sure I'll need to ship her off.

Thanks,
mike

·
Registered
687 Posts
Phillip, look on the web for Phillips gunsmithing. I think he is located in Texas. He is the best for almost anything for trap guns. Not to mention his prices are lower than all the others.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Dean Harris at Skeet's Gun Shop in Talequah (sp.) Okla.

Full machine shop and a Browning expert (among other things) that you can't beat the repair or turn around time (or prices) on.

Triggers, barrel boring ...you name it!

Stan...

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
In SoCal you have Bolsa Gun Smithing in Westminster 714/894-9100 or Paul Niedermann at Air-Cushion Stock in Azusa 626/334-2563. Paul works to about 1:00 pm and is closed weekends.

I have used all three Dean at Skeets, Jason and Fred at Bolsa and Paul at Air Cushion, all of them do great work.

Surfer

·
Registered
113 Posts
StansCustoms, dito on Dean Harris at Skeet's Gun Shop. Just got back a Browning Citori Type 1 1974 model, and a great job and very economical. This is the second Browning he has worked on. First one was a Citori Plus.
Browning would not work on the Type 1 at the Grand this past August. They don't work on anything older than 1984, I think.

Darwin

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Darwin..yeah Dean is a swell guy...as are the other guys everyone mentioned.

I wouldn't send Browning anything to work on...not even a new gun under warranty, unless the breech exploded or something.

Their attitude is we'll work on it when we feel like it...which means that you may get back in a month or a year. You never know when.

Most businesses that are that busy hire some help.

I don't know about everyone else...but when I buy a gun I like to use it, not wait months for the privilege. I'm getting old and my time is the most valuable thing I have.

Besides there are too many "good guys" that we can support with our repair dollars.

They earn it too...customer service is worth everything to me..!

Just sayin' ...Stan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts