Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was given a couple of bags of Winchester WAA12 Wads, plus some in the old white cardboard box. The ones that where in the bags are slightly discolored while the old ones in the box are not. Are the discolored ones safe to load or should I trash them?

·
Registered
509 Posts
As long as they are pliable & not brittle I would use them..was given a 5gal bucket of 20 ga. wads discolored 30yrs ago..still soft still using them

·
Registered
18 Posts
Was given a couple of bags of Winchester WAA12 Wads, plus some in the old white cardboard box. The ones that where in the bags are slightly discolored while the old ones in the box are not. Are the discolored ones safe to load or should I trash them?
If they aren't brittle they will be fine.

·
Registered
14,893 Posts
If they aren't brittle they will be fine.
I wouldn't bet on it. I had some 20 year old SP10 wads that never saw daylight. Loaded up some hunting loads for a tower shoot and they performed terribly. We found a few of the wads. They were completely compressed, all the fingers ripped off, and the bases were deformed.

They felt "pliable" when I loaded them. I would load 1 box and shoot them where you can retrieve the wads and compare them to new.

·
Premium Member
3,145 Posts
I just went through 6 boxes of the old WAA-12F1 and 1 box of WAA-12. I loved them. They were free !

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Friend of mine gave me some 28 gauge AA wads that were discolored and they were very brittle. Like others have said, if they flex without breaking I would use them.

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I gave them the flex test.
Very pliable, but petals on a majority of them would snap off so 2 bags in the recycle bin!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts