Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anybody good at trouble shooting the old Winchester hand set traps. Mine works intermittent but many times it just buzzies and won't reset the arm. Once the arm releases it does reset. I'm guessing the relay or the starter windings in the elec. motor but it seems odd it it was the motor for it to work intermittently . Also does anybody know where I can get parts. I saw a link to an outfit called Western retro but the phone number of 250 -216 -8937 doesn't seem to work. I get a recording that says the number is not in service. Thanks !

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Area code would be 250 in Victoria B C, not 205.
Ian Brotherson has been hard to actually get on the phone, at times. I think it's a one man band, and he has other enterprises.
I have done business by email, but not always promptly.
When I have dealt with him, he has always been very helpful.

·
Registered
10,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Area code would be 250 in Victoria B C, not 205.
Ian Brotherson has been hard to actually get on the phone, at times. I think it's a one man band, and he has other enterprises.
I have done business by email, but not always promptly.
When I have dealt with him, he has always been very helpful.
Yep I miss typed it and went back and fixed it. I actually dialed 250-216-8937 but I get a recording saying The number is not in service . Does he have an e mail ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Googled v-1524 handset trap, looking for parts diagram to reference parts. Western retro has you tube videos I believe you will find helpful. Control switch timing, motor coupling tight, and cocking pawl are what I would check.
Been quite a while since was involved with a hand set.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sounds like the relay to me. I’ve set tens of thousands of targets on those old Olin machines back in the day. Great machines but they do act up like that now and then.

·
Registered
511 Posts
As already said, first check the micro switch setting in the "nose" of the machine. There are 2 index marks where the trigger is. The switch should change state, or click within these marks if you don't have a multi-meter.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
951 Posts
On the end of the arm the little flat spot that holds the arm in place. Be sure to put a dab of grease. Sometimes the solenoid isn't strong enough to release the arm
Lakeview trap club in Muskego Wisconsin is selling a few machines. I don't know the condition but she says they work. I think they were like 50 or 100 bucks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts