Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the bottom of a box of Blue Peters target loads. The fromt boasts of "New 209 Primer" so it is at least 30 years old. It is interesting in that I haven't seen any of the modern shell makers include any reload data at all on their product.

Don T

·
Registered
742 Posts
I have some 20 ga. Peters boxes that are likely 35 yrs. old and they also have that nice recipe card - no mention of 209 primers, but I am still loading the hulls and using 209s.

·
Registered
20,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shell makers practices and shotgun warranties. One is different from another. One is written years after another. A Remington warranty from 30 years ago might well be worded differently than one written last month. As things happen things get disclaimed. Remington could not make the no reloads disclaimer as long as Remington Branded ammo had reloading directions right on the box so they stopped printing it on the boxes. A box of Remington RXP's in my grubby hands has the reloading data on it as well.

That is true but in an effort to retain the "Old Time" part I wrote it that way on purpose. In those old days before college adjumacashuns were needed to equal a graduate of the 9th grade the lay folk asked the cook for her Receipt. A Bill of Materials so to speak.

From about.com;

Early Americans used the term receipt, no doubt from their British roots. Receipt is still often used as a synonym for recipe outside the United States. Both recipe and receipt were originally terms for a doctor's prescription for medicine, often abbreviated to the upper case R with a slash through the right descending base leg, or Rx. Both recipe and receipt are terms meaning a formula or set of directions.

Don T

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
A receipt is what you get when you buy something.

Eric

·
Registered
20,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep. Buy a box of Blue Peters and get a reloading receipt. Right on the box. See previous post.

Don T

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
No, you got a "recipe" on the box aka load data. A receipt would have shown the purchase price. This ain't the Pharmacy and you ain't the Doc.

Just Say'n......

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
I before E except after C and in words like neighbor and weigh.

Eric

·
Registered
326 Posts
Mixer, the rule works in neither case because no deity would deign it scientific. More likely relief from a weird brain seizure.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Well there is that too Scott. Very well said.

Eric

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
I actually remember shooting some of those wonderful Blue Shells in the 70's and the reloading data on the box. They were great shells and they loaded up wonderfully on the cheapo Texan loader that I was part owner of.

I'm okay with your use of receipt - correct or not I still got a chance to have a tiny little flash back.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I still have the marks on my loading bench where I loaded one Blue Peters/Remington shell 18 times before the crimp went south.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts