Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,132 Posts
Check out how 'simple' the recipes were back then. One load had a 19.5gr powder drop - all the rest are even #s... ^^^

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
I bought 1,000 of the Rem 97 & the Alcans last year. Also had 3,000 old Winchester 209. Stuff is still out there with some of those (me) old timers.

·
Registered
436 Posts
60's/early 70's on the Remington's. Never used Herter's shotgun. Never saw CCI carried where I bought until the late 70's. Don't recognize the other at all.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was using these primers in 1958/59. Purchased my supplies from Alcan. At that time I lived about 35 miles from Alton, IL. The "57" were used in Rem paper tubes. The 220 primers were excellent. Since the 57 diameter is smaller than the 209 they are of little use in shells requiring 209 primers. I have used most my remaining 57 primers for dog training. They work very well in current 209 training revolvers. Fire as well as they did 60 years ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
436 Posts
I still load rifle with Herters LR primers from the 60's. I do have to admit getting about a tenth of an inch better grouping using CCI Bench Rest primers. But when developing a load, that tenth is not important. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts