told it was made in 1941.

My question is does anyone know where I can get
information about this gun. Check the serial
number ect.

Thank you

·
Registered
789 Posts
I agree the Conley book is great, got mine on e bay, but would like more info on years also. I heard the records are with the ATF because of bankruptcy.I have had several 4E and am waiting to get a 5E I just bought, I also have a Le Fever trap and like them all. If you come up with any info let me know. Gordy

·
Premium Member
3,905 Posts
Otnot, Would you e-mail me send phone no would like to talk to you. Or you can call me at 800-421-3283 usually 9 to 5 est.
Butch, Did you buy bob's gun? I am trying to buy a 5e also. Bill

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Ithaca Single Trap I purchased is a 4E with straight
stock. No pistol grip. I do have a question if you all
can help. My 4E is in need of a new recoil pad. What was
the original pad on this gun? Was Ithaca's name on it?
Or was it a aftermarket.

Thank you
Jack

·
Registered
134 Posts
You can get a sun burst pad consistant with the one that was on a new gun at

http://connecticutshotgun.com/data/comersus/store/comersus_listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?idCategory=72

jlb

·
Registered
227 Posts
Lewis, if you do find a source for serial number and historical information on your the Ithaca SBT would you post it on a thread on this site. I am looking for information about an Ithaca factory stock that I have that is imprinted with the serial number #402167. I would like to know what receiver this stock is inletted and drilled to fit. Conley's book has good serial number information correlating dates of manufacture and serial number, but I can find nothing in writing anywhere that correlates the guns grade with it's serial number. The only way I would have to find that out now is to try to find examples of the different grade guns and physically match them. Unfortunately I don't have a source of Ithaca trap guns anywhere near me. Thanks Kirby [email protected]

·
Vendor
1,151 Posts
You guys seem like you might be able to help me out. I've got an Ithaca 4E which I shoot regularly. After I shoot about 50 shells through it, one of the pins start to work it's way out and sticks out about 1/8 of an inch, any of you guys ever had a problem like this or have a possible fix?

-Jollytrapshooter

·
Registered
789 Posts
I have the same thing with my 4E I was told to stake the side of the pin (rough it up ) and put it back in place, Haven't done it yet. let me know if you find anything. Butch

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found a printout that was on Trapshooters.com that was called
"Ithaca 4E Parts" it was dated July 16 &17, 2006. There were
two places suggested to get parts. DIAMOND GUNSMITHING IN
ITHACA, NY e-mail [email protected] The other was
Poppert's Gun Parts (www.poppertsgunparts.com). Also a reply
from a person by the name of Ithaca$$$Grade (Jim W). He said he
has serial number information. Also ALF-99 at [email protected]
know a man in Indiana with a lot of Ithaca parts.

Hope this helps someone.

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
Have you guys with the pin problems tried lock-tite on the pin? I'd try that before "roughing up" the pin. Have a new pin machined that fits properly if ones not readily available? Hap

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
While searching Google.com for Ithaca Guns I came
across this webb-site - Ithaca Guns USA www.ithacagunsusa.com.
This company purchased the rights to manufacture Ithaca Guns.
They also do repair and have parts. I plan to contact them
and see if they have Ithaca Single Trap serial number and parts.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Bill your 1972 ithaca came from the factory with a red pachmayer white line presentation with basket weave. Horrible pad. Get a red pachmayer decilerator i inch!
Darl Miller

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Bill the starburst pads had a aluminum base between the wood and the pad originally. If you sent your gun back for a new pad in later years you got a pad with black plastic spacer from the factory. I will call you about a pad tomorrow.

Buddy

·
Registered
15 Posts
KK Your stock with ser# 402167 came off a knick built in 1930. I shoot a knick built in march of 1930 ser# 402127. They built 325 sbt,s in 1930. It dont make any difference what gun they came off of, they will almost always take some fitting as all those old guns were hand fitted! The only difference in the looks of the stocks was the checkering patterns.

Get Walter Snyders book on Ithacas!! His phone # 910-692-7324

Darl Miller

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.