Trapshooters Forum banner

OK, so I picked up my first vintage Auto5 tonight.

2530 Views 15 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  gyrine
1965 I believe, Twenty gauge with 28" ventilated rib barrel and **choke (Mod). The gun is in excellent condition. I guess I'll have to stop making fun of them, now that I've been bitten... =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it will compliment the vintage 1961 Browning Twelvette Double Auto I landed last week. This one is in 95% condition with a 28" VR barrel and **Mod choke. Quite a pair, and really anxious to shoot them...

· Registered
2,013 Posts
Slugo, that one is nice too. You can tell that neither have seen much service. The gold on the triggers tend to wear rather quickly. Both of your examples don't show any wear at all. The prices on these DA's have seemed come down as everybody is buying black guns and ammo. A shooter grade green one just sold on gunbroker for under $800. The green ones in any condition a year or so ago were bringing over a grand. I saw a really nice green one sell at Jaquas for $1,795. They are a dream to carry in the uplands.
Doug Allison

· Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Doug, Im just so happy to have come upon both of these. My 1955 is really a 1953 model. Browning told me that it was sold in Canada before the were made available here in the states. I would love to have either a blue one or the green. But, I'm tapped out fund wise, so I'll just enjoy what I have. I prefer, nice condition, old used guns over anything new. Appreciate your thoughtful comments...

· Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BTW, our good TS.com friend Boomer and I have been friends for over 20 years. Boomer and I worked together for a dozen years or so. I owe everything to him. He got me involved in shotgunning and clay target shooting back in 93, and I consult him prior to buying any gun, new or used. Each and every person has a few, true special friends in life, Boomer is one of mine.

Thanks Boom, for advising me on all this shit I've been buying!! =)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.