Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ohio Scholastic Clay Target Program (SCTP) will hold our 2014 coaches meeting for trap on Saturday, February 1st at Jaqua's Gun Club 900 E. Bigelow Ave. Findlay, Ohio 45840. The meeting will start at 11:00am

We would like to welcome any club who would like more information on how to start an SCTP team. We will be planning our 2014 shooting season and discussing how you can set up an account with the Midway USA Foundation.

Starting a team is pretty simple. All you need to get started is 5 youth shooters and a coach.

Take the time and introduce the youth at your club to the shooting sports. They will have as much fun shooting as you do!!

For more information contact Dave Schock (937)681-0569 [email protected]

·
Registered
716 Posts
Dave does a great job as Ohio's youth coach-thank you Dave.

This will be a great informational meeting for all coaches...be sure to attend this meeting.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Dave are you guys getting the Midway Money again this year for the state shoot? I was too busy to go to the Shot Show so I didn't get the chance to talk to Dick to see what was happening.

Brad

·
Registered
554 Posts
Brad-
Dave can give the particulars on the Midway support, but he notified me a couple months ago that they will be providing substantial support to the Ohio SCTP teams that have developed a Midway Foundation endowment account again this year. We will be going over possible distribution scenarios at the Ohio Youth Coaches meeting on Feb. 1.

Roger Brenner and I will be conducting a short clinic on developing a Midway account for the teams that need to, and we will brainstorm with the coaches on fundraising activities to support the account.

The Midway Foundation program has been nothing less than spectacular in providing opportunities for youth to be involved in the shooting sports. Kids and teams have been able to participate at a much higher level than they would be able to afford without the program. And more targets under their belt is a good thing. On a local basis, the Williams County team has grown their endowment to over $130,000 in less than 3 years, and coaches can apply for 5% distributions annually. This will keep youth in trap shooting for many years to come.

Thanks Midway and Larry and Brenda Potterfield! Hope to see all the Ohio coaches at Jaquas on Feb. 1.

Joe

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Brad, Missed you at Moulton on New Years. The OSTA in in partnership with the Midway USA Foundatation and we will again be distributing funds to Ohio teams with Midway USA endowment accounts and finding new ways to grow youth shooting in Ohio.
You helped plant the seed for this and with help from Roger, Dennis and Joe, we had a good harvest!!

Hope to go up and hunt at your place before the season ends.
Dave Schock

·
Registered
578 Posts
Dave I was sick with the flu on New Years day or I'd have been there. Glad to hear that Midway Money is still flowing. The Potterfield's are great people, I don't know if the average trap shooter knows what they are doing for the sport.

Brad

·
Registered
53 Posts
Please announce at your meeting that there is a coaches course being offered March 1st & 2nd in Edinboro, PA. Need to register through SCTP & info. is on their site. Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts