Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Off Topic: Bicycle Seats

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Jerbear 
Have you had the bike fitted to you? If not, the folks at your local bike shop can help you with that, too. It's as important as gun fit.

I think that even if you find a gel seat that is comfortable for you and isn't as large and padded as the ones Mike mentions, you'll still find that a good pair of bike shorts are necessary.

There are some bike shorts that even look like regular shorts. The link above is for such a pair. I haven't used them, but they might be worth considering.

Al,

Turn the shorts inside out and I think you'll see that the chamois has a shape similar to a bicycle seat. It's not just to cushion the buttocks ("sit bones"), but provides cushioning for the "tender bits" too.

Also, be prepared to spend some bucks for good shorts. It might be tempting to buy $40 shorts, but, as with everything, you get what you pay for.

Another thing regarding bike shorts: you don't wear underwear with them. Underwear has seams in the wrong area. Wearing underwear will defeat the purpose of wearing the bike shorts.

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.