Trapshooters Forum banner

Off eye blocker

3242 Views 31 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  Al Capone
I remember a post awhile back for a new type of sight blinder that attaches to the barrel.
The meadows product has helped me for a long time but my off eye still gives me trouble and can ruin a promising score.
Do you remember the name or link to the blinder?
Henry
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Premium Member
8,267 Posts
I remember a post awhile back for a new type of sight blinder that attaches to the barrel.
The meadows product has helped me for a long time but my off eye still gives me trouble and can ruin a promising score.
Do you remember the name or link to the blinder?
Henry
Are you wanting a taller or longer version of the Meadow Industries type blade?

· Premium Member
6,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you wanting a taller or longer version of the Meadow Industries type blade?
That may be what I need but I'm thinking of a product that attaches to the side of the barrel almost all the way to the end .
I believe its popular across the big pond in England.The name was something like DH systems.
There was a thread about it within the last year but I haven't located it.

· Registered
30 Posts
Here is a thread I found that lists the SP device. Let me know if this is what you were looking for.

PFM

· Premium Member
6,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Here is a thread I found that lists the SP device. Let me know if this is what you were looking for.

PFM
I think that's the product I was referring to.
SP device dosen't seem to yield any results on the web.
Found the link and posted it below.

· Premium Member
Perazzi MX2000 34” unsingle 0.031/34” Wilkinson o/u with a prosoft
1,687 Posts
SP was the product that I was wanting to research.
Has anyone tried it and what were the results?
I tried it with good results. But it is incredibly overpriced. And it ended up coming off in my Negrini case as the slots aren’t wide enough to accommodate.

One could make the same device from a piece of neoprene or rubber for $0.50 and some adhesive. It’s honestly better suited for sporting. High rib guns make it difficult to be seen, but some finagling allows it to work. Place it a few inches from the end of the barrel so the dominant eye sees it but the off eye doesn’t. Helped with my meadows tunnel site.

· Registered
861 Posts
Have you tried closing the off eye?
This is the only way to be sure you won't crossfire. You may go along fine with tape or some other gismo for awhile but one of these times your dominant eye will creep up and cause a miss. You will never know when it will happen but it will. In a sport where perfection only gets you into the shoot off you don't want even one miss.

· Premium Member
8,267 Posts
That may be what I need but I'm thinking of a product that attaches to the side of the barrel almost all the way to the end .
I believe its popular across the big pond in England.The name was something like DH systems.
There was a thread about it within the last year but I haven't located it.
Have you seen Kay and Debbie Ohye's blocker? That's what you should try to acquire next. You could also just use the sticky back award plate and add a second if one wasn't enough.

Yes sir I have .
And??

· Super Moderator
6,287 Posts
I remember a post awhile back

· Premium Member
6,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Have you seen Kay and Debbie Ohye's blocker? That's what you should try to acquire next. You could also just use the sticky back award plate and add a second if one wasn't enough.

And??
I shot one eye and maxed out in B class. I forced myself to shoot two and am a high AA low AAA shooter.
I shot with Kay in Arizona but failed to notice his blinder.
Henry

· Banned
1,793 Posts
If you're actually "wrong" eye dominant, you may have to occlude the wrong eye. But if you suffer from only occasional cross-firing while shooting with 2 eyes you may be able to train your master eye to be more masterful. I successfully CURED my cross-firing by doing so.

· Premium Member
6,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If you're actually "wrong" eye dominant, you may have to occlude the wrong eye. But if you suffer from only occasional cross-firing while shooting with 2 eyes you may be able to train your master eye to be more masterful. I successfully CURED my cross-firing by doing so.
I found your post in the old SP thread.
It seems that your way of training the master eye to stay engaged may work for others.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.