Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Compared to one ounce loads. You get even more compared to 1 1/8 oz loads. I'm not going to tell you how many more, but you can use my link to find out. :) Mark

·
Registered
356 Posts
theoretically, that is correct but that does not account for loader/reloader error. Not being perfect, as many are, I do lose a few here and there. Also, you need to check the drop weight for the shot on the reloader and its consistency.

Rich K- chemist

·
Registered
16 Posts
who said anything about shooting singles--but I would think a 28 would be fun
I stopped shooting 12 gauge about 10 months ago and went to 28 because of component shortage. I shoot sporting clays exclusively. I carried a 75% average with the 12 and have an 80-82% average with a few lunges to 90 with the little gun. I just placed 7th out of 53 shooters at my monthly club tourney. I shoot 150-200 rounds a week and it's easier on my shoulder and the second shot hits have gotten a lot better. BTW, I'm 74 and those 2 items have value for me. I'm having a ball and currently have no plans to go back to 12. I wish I'd gone to the little gun years ago. True, it doesn't do well at trap but neither do I any more.;)

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
theoretically, that is correct but that does not account for loader/reloader error. Not being perfect, as many are, I do lose a few here and there. Also, you need to check the drop weight for the shot on the reloader and its consistency.

Rich K- chemist
Actually, it’s 457.14257, so there’s a bit left over for spillage. About 62.5 grains of shot to be exact.

·
Registered
10,542 Posts
If you google "Shotgun reloading cost calculator on the internet. Then scroll down to the second choice listed. It should be--- Ecsc-skeet.com. Click on this site and you will find the reloading cost calculator, that Trapshooter's had on there last website!!! Before the recent website change. You will find out the cost of all your components, and even calculate in the wear and tear cost of your hulls as well. This will give you a true cost $ per box of your favorite reloads. Its perfect the shooter who reloads in many different gauges. As I do, and its easy to use too. break em all jeff

·
Registered
538 Posts
I stopped shooting 12 gauge about 10 months ago and went to 28 because of component shortage. I shoot sporting clays exclusively. I carried a 75% average with the 12 and have an 80-82% average with a few lunges to 90 with the little gun. I just placed 7th out of 53 shooters at my monthly club tourney. I shoot 150-200 rounds a week and it's easier on my shoulder and the second shot hits have gotten a lot better. BTW, I'm 74 and those 2 items have value for me. I'm having a ball and currently have no plans to go back to 12. I wish I'd gone to the little gun years ago. True, it doesn't do well at trap but neither do I any more.;)
You think the 28ga is fun,, next go to the 410bore,, that’s really fun

·
Registered
860 Posts
Actually, it’s 457.14257, so there’s a bit left over for spillage. About 62.5 grains of shot to be exact.
That's if your bushing throws exactly 7/8 ounce of shot, which it doesn't and if there is exactly 25 lbs of shot in the bag which there isn't.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts