Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Lord willin and the weather isn't bad, I plan on attending the shoot at Odon/Epsom the night before Thanksgiving. I was just wondering if anyone else was going.

ec90t

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mike,

It seems as if that's the only time I can get down that away.Just a wee bit of a drive to do the rest of the year.

ec90t

·
Registered
49 Posts
EC,
It is also the only time I can make it. It is about an hour and a half drive for me. The last time I was there was 2 years ago. It was a little chilly that nite. Lol.
Mike

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mike,

It's a 2 1/2 drive for me. I like and know most of the guys down there, but it sure ain't the same since Boyd's passing a while back.

It was a little rainy last year, but still had quite a few shooters. The hill annie is a lot of fun.

I'll be the big SOB, lol, in a black and silver 'burb.

ec90t

·
Registered
49 Posts
EC,
We used to shoot with Boyd on friday nights @ campbellsburg. Haven't made it over there for a while either. I have been working a lot of saturdays so that kind of lets me out on friday nite shoots. If you have shot @ campbellsburg I might even know who you are.

Mike

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mike,

I know most of the Campbellsburg crowd. I haven't shot down that way for a while as well. The last time I shot down there was for the shoot that they had for Boyd. That was a great time!

I generally see Fudd and whoever comes along Saturdays at Spencer. I kinda wish JR wouldn't have fallen of the face of the earth. He was a little cranky at times, but I sure liked him. He's a dandy of a shooter as well.

ec90t

·
Registered
49 Posts
EC,

I have some pics from Boyds benefit shoot. That was a very windy day but a lot of fun. I always got a lot of laughs from jr. Fudd and Gene always tried to get us to go to Spencer to shoot. Most of the guys I work and shoot with live around seymour so we just never made it over to spencer. We shoot coffee creek and brush creek a lot now.

Mike

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mike,

I've not shot down at either of those clubs. I've really slowed down on my shooting as of late. I started to get really burned out on it. I just shoot one night a week now and an occassional round of skeet.

If you ever get a chance to come to Spencer one Saturday night, do so. A very good club and some pretty good shooters as well.

Good Lord willin', maybe we'll run into each other down Odon way here in a week or so.

ec90t

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just 5 more days! No rain in the forcast, looks like it will be a nice night to shoot.

ec90t

·
Registered
163 Posts
Drove over to Odon last night and picked up my mother. Could easily hear the sounds from Bogard at the southwest side of town. I am guessing with the great evening, it was a very fun shoot. Used to shoot practice there on Wednesday night with Charlie Williams and Max Bowman back in the early 80's. Were great people there.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
76 shooters was The last that I heard. I know I didn't make it home until 3:30 this mornin'. Man was it a fun time.

ec90t

·
Registered
54 Posts
EC I was at Epson last night, wish I had known you were there, only seen you here on T.S. I have only been shooting for a couple of years, but try to shoot every Wed. night there. I didn't know a lot of the guys that was there last night but was talking with a couple that were saying something about some problems the Indiana gun club was having with powder and ammo delivery. Have you heard anything about that.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lonnie,

I was there hanging around with Jack Frank (Freeride), Gator, Ed Coleman, Gene, Dominic and the rest.

I was wearing a green Beretta coat and shooting a BPS Trap. My shooting was a bit off, but still had a great time.

ec90t

·
Registered
54 Posts
EC, Would have enjoyed meeting you and talking about the BPS. I have one and really like it. Been shooting my 391 last couple of shoots. Thanks for the reply and maybe I will run into you sometime. I know a couple of the fellows you mentioned but not well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.