Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I load a lot of rem hulls, gun club, nitro, sts, and some kind of black hull I don't know the name of. Every single one gives me good crimps but there's one called sport load that got mixed in with my gun clubs that do this. They look a lot like the GCs so I don't catch them until I box them. What pita. Anyone else try to load these and find they don't play well with the others?
IMG_20210507_121508677_MP_copy_1024x768.jpg

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Or see if they are shorter than Gun Clubs and try to weed them out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
196 Posts
Look like Sport hulls. Writing on the side says so. I’ve loaded a few with the same recipe for GC & STS. No issue with the crimp.

A758F263-E559-4102-8F7E-FC7E1BEE0C4B.jpeg

·
Banned
196 Posts
Compare the volume, maybe your’s shrank? Fill a GC to the top with water then pour that water into the Sport hull. Close enough for govt. work.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't know what's different for me. They're just sprinkled in my stash of hulls. All the others, plus my Winchester hulls load fine so I'm not going to try adjusting my machine. I'll just make sure I don't score anymore.

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
As someone up-thread said, cut a slice from top to bottom out of the side of one of each and see if there is anything different on the inside.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
They are a Gun Club hull with different writing on it.
I load them with gun clubs with out any trouble.
Not sure why you are having problems?

I should add, unless they are new. Mine are all the ones made for the Wal-Mart four packs

1 - 12 of 12 Posts