#1 ·
Obumer goofed for our side.

....Looks like Obama should have read the "Obamacare" law before he
signed it, OR he was so eager to
get "Obamacare" that he didn't care about the "gun owners" clause that
was in it!

So, Obama was ether stupid for not reading the bill OR knew the clause
was necessary to get
his "Obamacare" passed, so that his ego could soar!

Wednesday, it was discovered that hidden deep within the massive
2800-page bill called Obamacare,
there is a Senate Amendment protecting the right to keep and bear arms.

It seems that in their haste to cram socialized medicine down the
throats of the American people,
then-Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and Barack Obama overlooked Senate
amendment
3276, Sec. 2716, part c.

According to that amendment, the government cannot collect "any
information relating to the
lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition." This means that
the
government CANNOT mandate firearm registration. No registration, no
confiscation . Poor ol' Joe Biden, he spent the last couple of weeks
focusing on making a law requiring registration. Good thing is though, the
amendment also states that not even an executive order can override the
amendment.

CNN is now referring to it as "a gift to the nation's powerful gun lobby."

----------------------------________________________

See less See more
#7 ·
Read carefully (especially the italics):<blockquote><I>Senate Amendment 3276 in Affordable Health Care Act</i></blockquote>

As Alf174 already wrote, the Affordable Health Care Act permits doctors to ask questions of their patients regarding things like gun use/possession in the home to assess threats to the patient's safety. The Senate amendment that's raising a stir simply says that information collected BY PHYSICIANS in the course of asking these questions can't be used to generate data on the lawful use, possession ownership or storage of guns and ammunition.

It doesn't forbid that data from being collected in other ways by other people.

Keller

#8 ·
More importantly, what stops Obama from signing an excutive order to enforce a broadbrush, retrictive gun ownership policy that falls within the Constitional right to own a gun, but makes the process extremely difficult due to qualifiers/disqualifiers to the owner/buyer.

The premise would be..."You certainly have the right to and can own a gun, if you..........".

Jim C

#9 ·
A strange thing happened recently during a family doctor's visit.

My Dr. asked what I liked to do in my spare time (seems I need to get more exercise,grunt!)

I explained there is not too much to do in the winter, but I do help with the shoots at the local conservation club.

Doc then asked a few other non-related questions, then looked at me, and asked if I had ever considered suicide, or had any thoughts of suicide.

I thought I knew where they were going with this, but tried to stay calm when answering, so as to not get the second question about firearm ownership.

Luckily, I can keep my Doctor, because they never asked about owning firearms.

I told my wife to never tell them I have firearms, but if they insist, she must tell them we have them secured in a locked gun safe, which is true.

#11 ·
"More importantly, what stops Obama from signing an excutive order to enforce a broadbrush, retrictive gun ownership policy that falls within the Constitional right to own a gun, but makes the process extremely difficult due to qualifiers/disqualifiers to the owner/buyer.

The premise would be..."You certainly have the right to and can own a gun, if you..........". "

Jim C

I would hope that he is stopped from that move for the same reasons the Supreme Court ruled the Poll Tax unconstitutional and the 24th ammendment was ratified in 1964.
I still don't understand why the NRA and other groups on our side are not citing it more often as a basis to stop all these crazy laws that severely restrict the 2nd ammendment.
John H

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.