Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
9,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've been trying to add a certain airgun to my collection and Gunbroker is the only means that I see this to be possible. Anyway, there is this certain individual who always outbids everyone on this model of airgun. How many of these guns does this Idiot need? I mean, it's uncanny. He will greatly overpay easily 20% more than the damn thing is actually worth.

Some people need their heads examined. Jeeze.

·
Premium Member
12,278 Posts
Tron,

Why not ask on here?

You are well known here - respected by most (except the cat haters). I suspect someone might be able to help you.

Food for thought.

·
Molon Labe
11,990 Posts
I think it is the auction mentality, it seemed you could used to go to an regular auction and pick up stuff cheaper than new and sometimes get a hell of a good bargain, but the last few I have been to the bids they are selling stuff for is insane, sometimes close to double what the item would have cost new

·
Supporting Vendor
9,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I will do that HSLDS! But, I doubt if anyone has what I'm looking for...but, what the Heck.

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
There are also shills...using others in cahoots to drive the price up to see if you'll follow...scumbags are everywhere Joe

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Used to be a guy at did that with sx-1's. I finally gave up. Jeff

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
What I see on gunbroker is a lot of stuff that never gets bid on. If you look at the number of bids you can get a better idea of what's happening.

I have been looking for a 722 in 257 Bob, and all the ones there are insanely high priced. even the ones with bids.

Some guys think 1100's are worth a lot too.

If you throw out about 80 percent, the rest is fairly good info.

HM

1 - 8 of 8 Posts