Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well over the last week or so I have got confirmation from several people that Obamacare is working as designed. One guy runs a snack route and his policy got canceled. His new premiums for him and his minor daughter have doubled. He says he can't afford it. Another person I talked to (my cousin) has a business with 6 employees. He is just sick of increased premiums, red tape, etc.. Talked to another person who had his policy canceled - he is scrabbling to find coverage.

I asked these people what is the solution? Single payer, let the government control the whole thing was the answer. When I point out the government screwed it up and will screw it up even more with complete control. Well they all seemed to think it would at least be screwed up for everybody that way, and that would make it fair.

So yes Virginia, Obamacare is working as intended. It was designed to screw up the system so bad that people will just throw their hands up in the air, and say let government take it all over. And that is what it is doing.

·
Premium Member
18,864 Posts
Reminds me of the Johnny Cash song 'Ring of Fire'. "I went down, down, down to the burning ring of fire, and it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire, the ring of fire."(That's the jist of it.) We are all fixing to get burned.

·
Registered
12,459 Posts
We were all burned, when the DNC and RNC failed to kick the usurper out on his keyster!!

And the "free" press went right along with them!

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Once single payer is installed, you can look forward to the end of comprehensive and competant health care in America. Doctors will be government employees, in effect. It would be like the DMV. Imagine going there for a life-saving procedure or even receiving competant care!!

Why would any smart young person study to become a doctor and incur tremendous debt in the process when the government will control how much he/she makes AND what they can do? The government would be their paymaster and they would have no right to appeal.

No, the best and the brightest would chose another career or another place to practice medicine. BUT, the "takers" would be taken care of at the expense of the "makers". How long would it take for the "Makers" to go elsewhere? My grandparents left Europe about 100 years ago, bringing young children with them, to a new land where they knew no one and did not even know the language. After 2 generations of living in freedom, are their grandchildren less brave?

·
Premium Member
18,864 Posts
Stock up Vaseline, brfore people start hording it. We're going to need it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts