Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MSNBC host Melissa Harris-Perry suggested the term “Obamacare” and the N-word are interchangeable, claiming both were “conceived by a group of wealthy white men who needed to . . . render [a black man] inferior and unequal and diminish his accomplishments.”

HARRIS-PERRY: “I want to talk today about a controversial word. It’s a word that has been with us for years. And like it or not, it’s indelibly printed in the pages of American history. A word that was originally intended as a derogatory term, meant to shame and divide and demean. The word was conceived of by a group of wealthy white men who needed a way to put themselves above and apart from a black man, to render him inferior and unequal and diminish his accomplishments.

“President Obama has been labelled with this word by his opponents, and at first he rose above it, hoping that if he could just make a cause for what he’d achieved, his opponents would fail in making their label stick. But no matter how many successes that he had as president, he realized there were still many people for whom he’d never be anything more than that one disparaging word — a belief he knew was held not just by his political opponents, but also by a significant portion of the American electorate.

“And so he decided if you can’t beat them, you’ve got to join them. So he embraced the word and made it his own, sending his opposition a message they weren’t expecting: ‘If that’s what you want me to be, I’ll be that.’

“Y’all know the word that I’m talking about. Obamacare! That’s right! I said it and I’m not ashamed, and neither is President Obama!”

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
I would think having ones name attached to the worst piece of legislation in 80 years would be degrading to anyone. I completely agree with her statement.

Rick please don't wish my MSNBC away. I watch about 15 minutes a day. It is the funniest damn show on TV.

Darr

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I heard a doctor on the radio just a few minutes ago refer to the Affordable Care Act not as ObamaCare but as Obamacide. That is something we should all adopt NOW! I have heard the President state that he likes the sound of "Obamacare". Let's see if he like the sound of Obamacide!

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Obamacide LOL, love it, love it!

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
Any woman that uses a hyphenated last name should be bitch slapped and told to sit down and shut up!

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Must have forgotten to take her meds.

Or she's smokin' some wacky stuff

Maybe she's just a liberal twit smokin obama

Whatever.

·
Registered
15,907 Posts
Ahab.....That goes for males too!

·
Molon Labe
11,990 Posts
What a frigging lunatic

Obamacide is a good description

·
Premium Member
18,811 Posts
Obamacide- Great! It will be just as bad as prohibition was. More graft and corruption. He will be known as the Al Capone of healthcare.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts