Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Just a question? Is Oasis Gun Club close to Vegas? Trying to plan a shooting trip. Thanks

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
It wasn't that great when it was open before. About 95 miles from Vegas. With the Clark County range and the Nellis Gun Club you've got great places to shoot close by.

·
Super Moderator
5,453 Posts
From http://www.gunsguitars.com
Great News!

Smokin' Gun Pistol Range and Shot Shooting Club in Littlefield, AZ, will open on Wednesday, May 13th. Their hours will be Wednesday through Sunday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Call in advance either Karrie (970)778-0717 or Connie (970)260-9048 to let them know you are coming.
The pistol range will be open as well as one shot setup. The cost is $10/day for pistol shooting and $5.50 per round for shot.

Directions to Mesquite MX/Smoking Gun Shooting Range:
Take Hillside to just past Desert Skies, then turn right at the block wall with the Palms Golf Club sign. You’ll see the Mesquite MX sign on the left. Drive past the golf club and down a sizeable hill; you’ll see the MX track on the right-hand side. Turn right just past the old Oasis Ranch Chuck House, a huge building. Drive down between the white fencing on both sides of the road and on through the gates, then go right and park at the clubhouse. Take a short walk to the right, over the creek where you’ll find the shooting range."

·
Super Moderator
5,453 Posts
Finally shot some practice at the re-opened "Oasis Gun Club," now called the Smokin' Gun Pistol and Shotgun Club.

They're slowly getting the place cleaned up (it was closed for about 4-1/2 years, so the grounds/buildings were in pretty rough shape.)

They have one trap house (with a PAT trap) open.

I've put them in touch with a club that is looking to sell their used PATs so hopefully that will work out and before too long they can get the other three houses up and running.

They also have a 10-station sporting clays set-up, an area for pistol shooting, and a 10-target 3-D archery course.

The club is located just east of the Palms Golf Club, adjacent to the Mesquite Motocross track.

Although there is usually somebody there Wednesday through Sunday, you should probably call in advance to be sure. The numbers are: Karrie (970)778-0717 or Connie (970)260-9048.

Smokin'GunClubMap.jpg

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
It wasn't that great when it was open before. About 95 miles from Vegas. With the Clark County range and the Nellis Gun Club you've got great places to shoot close by.
I don't know about that.... I attended a registered PITA shoot there during the year when Earl Scripture was managing the and had a great time.... It is what you make of it. Some of the most fun I have ever had shooting was at small, older gun clubs. Lot's of nostalgia if you look for it...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts