Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use Oakley sunglasses as shooting glasses?
If you do, what color lens do you use?

Thanks,

Scott

·
Registered
10,680 Posts
They have a persimmon that is pretty good. I have an M frame and have interchangeable lenses. Brown, grey, clear as well as persimmon.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Gene, I think you'll find that there is too much distortion in the Oakley lenses, I have the iridium gold, persimmon, gray m framed, and all of them give unacceptable distortion,not as bad up and down, but side to side,wow! especially in doubles when you take the first target and instantly move your eyes to lock on the second one, the first few times this happened I thought the wind came up and was doing tricks to the targets,but alas there was no wind! that's the reason many very accomplished shooters tend to shy away as they have experienced the same thing, hope this helps. incinerate em!

·
Registered
335 Posts
I second persimmon, I have a set of them on a pair of half jackets, they fit tigher to your face than M-Frames and I have not seen any of the distortion. Also they have great impact resistance, I use them for hunting as well. -Rich

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been using M Frame for 5 yrs. have not had any problems with distortion. The VR28 works well in most light situations and amber for night.I also have other lens for over cast days. Just need to pick color for your background and color of target.Todd

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.