Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How is the Weatherby? I’ve handled them in the store few times but that’s it. I guess I should have stated I am looking for 12 gauge specifically. My wife is onboard with me spending $1000 so I put <1200 but really shouldn’t go over. If it were for trap I’d buy a B gun or something similar but it’s mainly for chukar hunting and it’s going to get beat up

· Registered
6,148 Posts
For that money, you should be able to find a used Browning Citori Field Grade gun if you are patient and shop around.

As I've stated on here many times in the past, I believe the best value for the dollar when it comes to O/Us, is a Browning.

And for the record, I don't own one, but I know lots of people who have and some shot the same Browning O/U for their whole shooting career. A couple of guys had over 200,000 rounds through theirs.

Any Weatherby O/U ever made would be "dead and buried" while a Browning will just keep on keepin' on!

Good Luck and Good Shooting!

· Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do understand this I really do. The hardest part is finding one that meets all criteria; was taken care of, is the weight of 7lbs or less, 12 gauge, 26-28”. Everyone knows they are great guns and they don’t stay available for sale long

· Registered
709 Posts
Have your ideal Chukar gun. Franchi Falconette 12 GA , 28” mod & full, weighs about 5 1/2 lbs. nice shape, far from mint. If you shoot trap with it suggest 1 oz loads. It will hurt with heavy loads. I used it for pheasant hunting, could carry it all day. Heavy clothes kept the heavy loads from hurting and not that many shots. Asking $795.00, can supply pics.

· Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How important is it to choose a gun with adjustable chokes vs buying a gun with say w/ full & modified barrels. Locally I found two brownings without adjustable chokes

· Registered
258 Posts
I have a Beretta 686 Essential O/U with 28" barrels. Takes Beretta Mobile chokes.
It is a light gun (sorry I don't have exact weight). I bought it to shoot Trap doubles, but is too light for me.
Has the flat black Beretta finish on receiver and barrels.
Wood is plain, blonde, with little figure.
Gun has less than a flat a shells (250) through it,
I would sell it for $1,000 plus shipping/handling/insurance to your FFL.
Let me know if you are interested?

· Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a Beretta 686 Essential O/U with 28" barrels. Takes Beretta Mobile chokes.
It is a light gun (sorry I don't have exact weight). I bought it to shoot Trap doubles, but is too light for me.
Has the flat black Beretta finish on receiver and barrels.
Wood is plain, blonde, with little figure.
Gun has less than a flat a shells (250) through it,
I would sell it for $1,000 plus shipping/handling/insurance to your FFL.
Let me know if you are interested?
Dang I would have I ended up with a 682 30” but it’s very nice and shoots great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts