Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Wife's lease is up in a month and we are looking at Chrysler Mini vans to replace it. The current one has Kumho tires, which I have never liked. The 2014 van we are looking at has Yokohama tires on it. Anyone have experience good or bad with these? We haven't test drove it yet, so I am interested in how they ride and hold up.
Thanks in advance,
Doug Allison

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Dunno about light Yokohama tires, but I've had their heavy ply truck tires on my Chevy pickup since 2003 with no complaints. They have held up well, even when I've put heavy loads in the truck. Like 3300 lb pallets of wall blocks.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Yokohama makes a quality product for a wide range of uses and vehicles. Kumho is a new player in the market don't know much about them.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
hippie, if it makes you feel any better Yokohamas are made in Salem, Va. by American workers.

BTW, where was your computer manufactured? How about the shirt you are wearing?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Test drove it and they provide a very nice ride. We will see how they hold up!
Thank you for the replies,
Doug Allison

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
I have a set on my Corvettes "winter Wheels" and they work really nice and are multi seasonal not just summer tread/compound so you still hold the road where summer tires would get hard and not have any traction at all

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
I have an off road set on my 4X4 F250 and the have 45,000 on them and looks to be good for at least 10,000 more

·
Registered
205 Posts
My summer tires are Yokohamas. I have been running them for a couple years and have been quite happy. They are quiet, have good grip and wear well. Mine were manufactured in the US, North Carolina I believe. I see on the web that they have a new factory in Mississippi. I would recommend them.

chet

1 - 9 of 9 Posts