Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I carry a gun, because being a U.S. citizen, the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America says:
"The right of the people to keep and bear arms". The 1st Amendment gives me the right to post all this. Wayne

·
Registered
301 Posts
Very well said. We carry guns because we are not going to be some gangbangers toy to play with. New Hampshire says it the best, "Live Free or Die". I think that's a good motto to live by. Michael and Jane

·
Registered
144 Posts
Kus a cop is to heavy?

Because I am a sheepdawg and I know that despite their best abilities and intentions cops cannot protect my family or me. I work with cops most every day and the vast majority really do care but even they know that they are outnumbered and out gunned. The honest ones will tell you that and advise you to pick up a gun.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
eagles, I was told the same. When seconds count, the police are only minutes away. My brother in law told me awhile ago to get my CPL and train,train,train.

I do what I can, logged 50+ hours range time in two months. Nice to have a range 10 minutes from my house. Membership reasonable too.

Jerbear

·
Registered
336 Posts
I received this in a e-mail. I thought it was pretty good.

The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either.. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.

1. Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

2.If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

3.I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy.

4. When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.

5. A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Col Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him 'Why do you carry a 45 The Ranger responded, 'Because they don't make a 46.

6. The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm. 'Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble?
No Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my rifle.

7. Beware the man who only has one gun. HE PROBABLY KNOWS HOW TO USE IT

8.I was once asked by a lady visiting if I had a gun in the house. I said I did.
She said 'Well I certainly hope it isn't loaded
To which I said, of course it is loaded, can't work without bullets
She then asked, 'Are you that afraid of someone evil coming into your house?
My reply was, 'No not at all. I am not afraid of the house catching fire either, but I have fire extinguishers around, and they are all loaded too.
To which I'll add, having a gun in the house that isn't loaded is like having a car in the garage without gas in the tank.

Jerry Walker

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Honor the threat.

Do not shoot to kill (that establishes intent if you're charged with murder); shoot until the threat ceases to be a threat).

Dennis

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Forgot to carry mine once and really needed it--had to back an a-hole off with a breaker bar I lucked into finding in my truck. I've carried ever since,I've had all the a## kickings I'm ever going to to take.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I carry a gun because of people like biggggun who try to take credit for something somebody else wrote. I think that's called plagiarism.

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
Little Dog, I don't think he portrayed that he wrote that at all. With all these >< thats in there it's been around the horn a few times? I didn't need the quotation marks for that one.

Liberals want all of us dependent on a higher authority for our protection, what a crock! Hap

·
Registered
10,680 Posts
I carry because God blessed me with a wonderful family and the responsibility to take care of them.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I carry because I am too old and weak to fight and too old and slow to run. That's what I told the sheriffs department when I applied for my ccp.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Carry the added weight & pray you are never forced to use it. But should you be forced, use it with confidence. I'd rather be judged by twelve peers then carried by six friends.

Big Jack

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
I was lucky enough to shoot with the Captain of a SWAT Team many years ago. He was a fabulous pistol shot. He had a little advice.

A citizen should NEVER aim to wound - only to kill.

Do not empty the gun unless you need to - the bad guy probably has buddies who will not be pleased you shot one of their own. Carry at least one spare magazine (especially true if you carry a pistol that holds less than 10 rounds)

Take a real defensive pistol course - the CCW course is a farce. And practice, practice, practice.

Keep a pump shotgun ready to rock & roll in the house.

Don

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.