Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a rather unusual circumstance when it comes to obtaining social security supplemental insurance. (Medicare) When I retired I had an escrow account which I used to fund my Medicare supplemental insurance. (This was through my state retirement plan). (Wisconsin). As of May 1, 2014 the money in this account will be depleted. Now I am forced to supply my own insurance. The state plan could be retained but at a cost of $300/month. (This is just for me and not my wife). I'm sure there are numerous plans out there that are much more reasonable. Any suggestions?? Thanks a lot.

·
Banned
4,725 Posts
I don't understand. Are you saying that you have no Plan B? If it's a different supplemental then try Humana Advantage. Basic Plan that I have cost......ZERO per month. Try it.

blade819

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No. I have the Plan B. This "supplemental" covers what the Plan B doesn't. I will look into Humana. Thanks

·
Registered
844 Posts
What are you thinking? I was paying $14 a month for my Part B supp for past two years but now paying $17 per month, effective 1/14, full boat stuff too, much bigger drug plan as well......ya'd like it don'tcha know. ALL supplemental Med/adv plans are COUNTY SPECIFIC. I'm in AZ. See what is in your county...all offer different stuff....but not all similar, just kinda.

Why would anyone ever do anything with AARP???? No other choice ....hard to believe?

Don'tcha just love the supplementa stuff game. Yep.......me too,......here it is...."do get some knowledge on ya".

I'm a past but most current expert, retired too,.... at last......now doing my own wizard stuff for ourselves . I have a leg up don'tcha know, get one for yourself, no 800 numbers, but face to face with a qualified person.. No big credentials?? ....then they are 'know knots" ..cost more? Nope.....it pays. State licensed is the basic cred as all have to be licensed but except the ACA 20 week wonders. Get way past this state/fed level stuff. Do yourself ......well, ya know.

Ernie ....in AZ

·
Banned
4,725 Posts
I believe everyone on SS and Medicare has the same Part B insurance. What you pay is determined by what your income is. Still.. I pay zero for an additional Humana Advantage Plan that is exactly like my previous Aetna plan that I paid $147/mo for because of the ACA.

blade819

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I have used Genworth and could not be happier. Had serious spinal surgery last year and EVERYTHING was fully paid - and promptly.

There are a number of Medicare supplemental plans and the benefits for each plan are government defined. The differece is cost and service. I had previously used Bankers Life which was a disaster since they were terrible payers and trying to keep track of what was paid and what was still open became a nightmare. ALL hospitals and doctors I have seen accept Genworth since they pay promptly.

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
Ernie,

I've just got to ask. ARE YOU ON DRUGS - presciption or otherwise ? ! Your post is the most disjointed incomprehensible diatribe that I've seen for quite some time. I feel certain your intent was to provide helpful information - but the abbreviated words and the lack of punctuation and syntax made it impossible to follow your advice.

BTW, the last I heard Arizona is a state not a county - don't cha know !

Can you provide a little more in depth explanation of what kind of "wizard stuff" you are working on ? Ya know !

No offense.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts