What is your favorite Pie

Pecan Pie

Nick
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

· Registered
1,307 Posts
There were about five different kinds of pies left here from the Christmas dinner we had here yesterday. I'll go see if I like any of them and report back to you. ------------------------ WEll as near as I can tell they were all bad cause I had to dispose of them so no one else would get sick eating them. Even the dog so I just ate them all. Dern now I don't know which one was the best. I'll just have to eat more and report back to you when Lee Ann makes more of those wonderful pies. We had pumpkin, peanut butter, coconut creame, peach and blackberry, also pee can :) and a chocalate creame pie. Guys those pies are so good ya just about die and go to heaven every time there is a family dinner here. Dan:)

· Registered
339 Posts
the best Peanut butter pie I ever had was at a little bitty truck stop on the Idaho/Utah border on I 84. To die for! and the best Pecan Pie was in Rome GA. also at a truck stop. 'course, this was 25 yrs ago,,, but thanks for stiring the memories! Merry Christmas!! See ya on the line. Paul

· Registered
970 Posts
I'll cast another vote for rhubarb pie. I like 'em where the rhubarb still has a little crunch left and is a bit tart. Too many times the rhubarb gets cooked into mush and sweetened until the tartness is gone. Now if you just heat it up a bit and add a scoop of Hudsonville French Vanilla ice cream.....oh man! .........Rick

· Registered
1,208 Posts
Heres an addition for 2006 that I haven't seen yet. Groundcherry, my wife and mom make THE best groundcherry pie! I like all pie made by my mom or my wife but thats because my mom taught my wife to make pie ;)

Steve

· Registered
1,307 Posts
Guys the rhubarb is ready at the house and LeeAnn is going to go get some strawberries tomorrow so we can see if this years crop is any good. I know she will make a good one and I can't wait. Dan

41 - 60 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.