Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

· Registered
390 Posts
Pecan, lemon merangue, mincemeat, but only if homemade. Ctreay: I make my own mincemeat. It's pretty easy, really. Recipes in the recipe books. Used to use venison, but discovered that very lean ground round works as well. Phil E

· Registered
477 Posts
Nick,

My favorite to eat year round is Pecan. It is the thing I am requested, no make that DEMANDED to bring to holiday dinners. Here is the recipe if you are interested.

1 1/2 Cups light corn syrup
4 Eggs
1/2 Light Brown Sugar packed
1/3 Cup Melted Butter
Dash of salt
1 Cup Pecans

Beat the eggs and then add the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT the pecans and mix well. Pour the custard mixture into a 9" deep dish pie crust and sprinkle the pecans evenly over the top. Bake @ 350 for 1 hour. You may want to wrap aluminum foil around the edge of the crust and remove it after the first 30 minutes.

Try this one. It is great!

· Registered
1 Posts
My Mother-In-Law, Florence Finney of Seneca, Nebraska; used to make Gooseberry Pie. When I was eating it, it was as close to heaven as I will ever get.
She used a lard crust, lots of berrys, lots of sugar to neutralize the sour snap of the berries, and it was absolutely wonderful. I think a closeness of that sweet/sour is Rhubarb pie.
Florence could also fry chicken like no one else; she was one hell of a cook, and used Lard, real butter, and other currently forbidden things that made for the best tasting foods on earth.

Happy Holidays to all,
Sam Ogle, Lincoln, NE

21 - 40 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.