Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can purchase a jack that will lift 4 feet off the ground?? It only has to lift approx 100 lbs. It would help if it came with a platform approx 2ft x 2 ft (plywood, etc) If it doesn't come with a platform, I can build one. Any sites I should be looking at?

·
Supporting Vendor
5,488 Posts
Sounds like you need a 4 foot acme screw and some guide rods for stability. Probably need a 90 degree gearbox to drive it.

What are you trying lift?

Jim Skeel

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
This is called a "" 48" Farm Jack """ available at Harbour Freight when it is on sale about $30.00
<a href="http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n37/drhuner/?action=view¤t=FarmJack.gif" target="_blank">
</a>

·
Registered
406 Posts
I was wondering if anyone would bring up the HILIFT jack, they make it in 4/5&6 foot tall styles. Very handy especially if you off road/4 wheeling at all.

·
Registered
965 Posts
non of you addressed the design specs,,,,2X2 platform,,,,,we have lifting rolling tables like this for installing large bus batteries,,only lift 2 feetl,,they are not cheep,,,,a motorcycle lift on wheels will only lift about 2 feet,,,we also have a small rolling air oparated mini fork lift for changing tandem tire and wheel assemblies 6 foot lift,,,they are not cheep,,have your local steel or wood guy make platform as needed,,,,I can get you a name of the mamufacture,,,have to call the shop ,,,Billy,,,drop the XXX,s

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
HARBOUR FREIGHT

To place a
Phone Order
805-388-3000

Customer Service 1-800-444-3353
8:00am-4:30pm
Monday-Friday
Eastern Time

View more Central Hydraulics items
HYDRAULIC HIGH LIFT TABLE CART

Move heavy items from floor to table height. Smooth rolling cart lifts up to 770 lbs.

Table size 35-1/2' L x 20' W
Lifting range: 13-1/2' to 50-1/4'
Maximum load capacity: 770 lbs.
Ball bearing casters: 5' hard rubber

Weight: 233 lbs.

ITEM 41145-3VGA
$339.99

$299.99 Email link to a friend
Prices on our website may or may not be current prices in our stores §Overweight Item

Related Items
93116-4VGA 1000 LB. CAPACITY HYDRAULIC SCISSOR TABLE CART $239.99
94822-8VGA 500 LB. CAPACITY HYDRAULIC LIFT TABLE $169.99 <a href="http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n37/drhuner/?action=view¤t=Table.gif" target="_blank">
</a>

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
What are you trying to lift?? Those Hi-lift jacks are called Widow-Makers here.If your hand slips off the handle will hit you in the head. Kill or make bloodclots in your brain. My neighbor had that happen.
Yes good for offroading but little else.

WesleyB

·
Banned
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I need to lift my artificial Christmas tree from the ground to a 4 ft platform. I build a platform over the stairwell for the tree. Unfortunately, I don't have alot of room to manuever....a short 4 ft wide space. I'll try to get a picture posted later in the day. Thanks for all the suggestions!

·
Banned
8,351 Posts
What the ..? How much can an artificial Christmas tree weigh, just pick it up and put it where you want it ... If you get mad enough you can do anything ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

·
Banned
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HaHa .. This one weighs a ton! I'm decorating it in 3 sections and hauling it to the platform..Takes 2 people for each section to go up. Then my ornaments get all messed up and some fall off the tree. Then you have to get each section perfectly aligned so it looks right. All the while standing on the platform that is over a stair well with 11 stairs....LONG way down ~~~ Every year I say "Im getting too old for this"!!

·
Banned
8,351 Posts
I got a wreath that I plug in and an artificial tree that stays decorated that gets put up ... Thats enough Christmas Spirit around here ... I did buy two more wreaths with lights from a lady at the bowling alley so this year I will have gone the extra mile so to speak ... "Merry Christmas" ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

·
Molon Labe
11,990 Posts
Sounds like you have a tree like my wife's, I dread when she wants to put it up and take it down. I use my front end loader to put it on the patio, and to take it off, and she takes it in and assembles it in pieces.

I'd offer to help, but my front end loader probably won't fit in your house

·
Banned
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Betcha it would! I live in a Hexagon Log Home! Open floor plan! I'll leave the light on for you!

·
Molon Labe
11,990 Posts
Yvonne, it's 9 ft tall 8feet wide, but the down side is it weighs about 14,000 lbs. Might have to shore up the floor

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Could you rig a come along to an overhead beam and pull sections up that way? I probably don't have a very good idea of what you need to do.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.