Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are some LEOs on this site and I have a question. Regarding the NASA shooting today in Houston, the shots were fired at about 1PM, when the first person was shot and killed, and the shooter killed himself at about 5PM. All that time, SWAT was outside the building, doing what?? The news story said that attempts to communicate with the shooter were unsuccessful, so why not go in??

I don't mean any disrespect towards LEOs, just want to know why the police officers didn't go in for four hours?? Is this new procedure?? What would have happened if more shots were heard??

Comments???

·
Registered
16,537 Posts
What the hell, another incident? I have heard nothing. I have no opinion. but I am curious. What happened?

HM

·
Banned
8,351 Posts
I have a nephew who is a SWAT team commander and also a graduate of a hostage negotiation training program ... His take on it is, once they call out the SWAT Team the time for talking is getting short and hearing shots will shorten the amount of talk time considerably if they are in a position to get a shot off ... This will usually result in a stop in communication from that moment on ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
What happened is that a tech that was a contractor at NASA Houston thought he was going to lose his job, so he shot his boss at NASA. The shooter used to work at Westinghouse (now Northrop Grumman) here in Linthicum, MD.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.