Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know who made the gun or the conversions for Kimber? I have need for an extractor for mine (it's gone) and I'm looking for a replacement. I talked with Kimber and they don't support the Mach 2 anymore.

Thanks,

OB

·
Registered
13,623 Posts
Since the Mach II is based on the .22LR case, I would think a .22lr extractor would work, unless the Mach II extractor was made thicker to deal with the higher pressure?

May be worth asking Kimber about that possibility.

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
as stated,..it should be exactly the same as 22LR..no diff at all...I have a Mach 2..love it way better than the 17 HMR..not as loud..nearly as fast and flat shooting and ammo was less than half the HMR...mine is a CZ bolt gun..its the most fun gun I have

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Do you have a 10-22 you can rob the extractor from to try?

Edit: I read Kimber and brain farted and thought Volquartsen. The latter makes 10-22 based conversions. I dunno about Kimber. Regardless, I would order a replacement .22 LR extractor and any related parts from Kimber and see if they fit and work.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
I've got a couple .17HMR's and like I really like that cartridge. I want to try that M2 sometime if the ammo ever comes back around. I think Magnum Research still makes a Mach 2 10/22 style rifle.

Sorry about the thread hijack.

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
The really cool part of the Mach 2 is you can use 17Aquila ammo in it too...lots of that available and very cheap..I use it to headshoot crows and starlings on the ground pecking at my deer feeder droppings...other critters steal the dead birds to eat during the night

1 - 7 of 7 Posts