Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much you guys are paying for gun shows in your area?

I noticed local gun shows are getting more expensive each year.

Here in S. California, a popular gun show organized by "Crossroads of the West" is now charging $15 per ticket and $7 for parking at OC Fairground, they fenced the parking lot to separate from free parking of OC Swap meet next to it.

Thank you for your reply.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Some in this area are $7 - $9. The price has become inverse to the quality, the quality has dropped and the prices have increased. The so-called gun shows in this area, save for the two Greensboro, N.C., shows have become nothing but sleazy flea markets selling far more junk than firearms.

·
Registered
976 Posts
At the Tulsa Arms gun show the table rent keeps going up,for April the table rent for one table is $165 for a 8 foot table.I think they have 1700 tables at this show on two floors.upper and lower levels.
I think the promoters and the concession stands make most of the money at these shows.

·
Registered
671 Posts
They are truly gun shows these days, with the prices they are asking for guns, they do not want to sell them, just show them.
The old days of getting a bargain are long gone.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
I quit going to southern Ca gun shows over a decade ago. Very expensive and disappointing. One can do better shopping the internet.

·
Registered
126 Posts
This is one place where Illinois may shine! We display at our local show, about 30 miles from home , for $20 a table. We don't have an FFL so we mostly yard sale stuff, but the dealers who have reasonably priced firearms do quite well. There are also some dealers who carry the same overpriced stuff to every show, and I've seen some of the same guns for 2 years LOL. Admission is $2, and even in toward the citythe outlying shows are $5. Attendance at the last 2 shows has been horrible, though last show may have been more of a weather issue with high winds and snow. Last year it was a 40 minute line to get in!

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Quit going to them 15 years ago, think the last one was $8 or $10, they've turned into more of a flea mkt\militia type (around here, north Atlanta area) than actual gun shows and if there was anything worth looking at it was priced so high I couldn't even afford to look at it. Ross Puls

·
Registered
8,331 Posts
$3 for a "100 table show".

$5 for a "300 table show".

$9 for a "500 table show". $1 off coupons out there if you can find them.

The two smaller ones have 10-20% beef jerky, coins, knives, wheel polish, etc..

Ah, for the good old days. First gunshow I went to there was a vendor selling MAC10s and MAC11s (Semis) for $280 each. I didn't even know what I was looking at, except "one UGLY gun". Was able to get one in .45 when I came to my senses.

Bob Falfa

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
$10 entry in Columbia Mo. I 've pretty much stopped going. Militia stuff, Chinese knives and swords, trinkets, over-priced ammo and a few worn out model 12s for $700. (same ones they had for sale for $700 in 2007.)

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
The Tulsa Gun Show has 4200 tables under 11 acres. $165.00 per table. My self and three others have a table on the lower level for both shows every year. We do good at selling and buying. No complaints. Friday dealer set up is prime time.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Dixie&Gun Knife Show $8 to get in Raleigh Fair grounds free parking.over priced
ammo and guns.Went in January of this year,the wait to get inside is 45mins to
1hr. Best gun show I used to go to was in Lakeland Fl.The Lakeland trap club used to
put on 4-5 times a year

1 - 12 of 12 Posts