Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a more aggressive tire with all the snow we are getting in NE Indiana. The Firestone Winterforce tire seems to get good reviews. I can get them for $110.00 installed. Anybody have them, or something similar for the price??

I tried doing a search with no luck, thanks for any feed back...

Wayne

·
Premium Member
3,905 Posts
Go for it you will not regret it. But take them off as soon as warm weather arrives. They do not wear well in warm weather. They are super on ice and snow. I have them on my Jetta.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I put Michelin X-ice 3's on my mustang for winter and they are great. Don't hesitate to buy a dedicated winter set.

Look for them on tirerack.com

They will have a bunch of reviews on any tire you could want for you to look at.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Having lived in Alaska, and knowing what was most popular there (at least in the area I lived), I highly recommend Cooper Weather-Master.

Mark

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Are studs still legal in Indiana? If so, have a set done, use only in the winter, swap rims and all for summer. Just a thought.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I really like the Cooper Discovery tires in central Mi. As Bill said you need to take them off in summer soft compound and hot pavement don't mix. The soft compound is what you will need for a great grabbing winter tire.

Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts