Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of time when I try to play a file it tells me I need to download Flash Player, which I did but it still says that when I try to open a file. I checked in the programs and features and it show the latest program is there. How do I activate it? Thanks for your help. Jackie B.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
When you say " a lot of the time" and not all the time or every time, that would indicate that Flash is working some of the time. If that is the case, you may be suffering from corrupted downloads of the material you are trying to view.

You didn't specify if it is a Windows or an Apple system but this first step holds for both. If you have not yet done so, try shutting down the computer, waiting 10 or 20 seconds and then booting it up again.

If you have already done that after downloading the Flash Player, then go to

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

and see if you get the bouncing square flash icon when the page opens. It only bounces for second or two but if it does bounce, Flash Player is working. If it does not bounce, then I would suggest deleting what you currently have installed and reloading/installing Flash Player. That page also has a couple of sites that you can try to visit to see Flash in use.

The next thing to check is to see if the Flash plugin is enabled in the browser you are using. Use your browsers help files to determine the recommended manner for enabling it on your computer & browser.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is a windows 7 software and I primarily use windows explorer for my browser. What I have found out today is that Adobe flash player will work fine if I am using google for my browser but will not work on windows explorer. Thanks for your help and will try to access the helps file to enable it on the explorer browser. Jackie B.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
I think you mean Internet Explorer. That is the Microsoft browser. There have been some issues with Widows 7 and Flash. One problem is Kaspersky Anti virus seems to have some problem with Flash. You may also want to try Firefox. It is another browser that seems to work well.

There are some other issues also mentioned. Here is a link to one page reporting some of these problems. They relate to IE 9 and Windows 7. You can see if there is any help there. I presume that you have all the Microsoft updates fully current.

IE 9/Widows 7/Flash info Click Here.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Shooting Jack . I had the exact same problem with IE explorer. I kept getting the message that I could not watch a video clip because I needed to install Adobe Flash Player but I already had Flash Player installed. I kept trying to uninstall Adobe Flash Player and reinstalling it but nothing worked. I finally installed Google Chrome as a 2nd browser and the video clips worked using Chrome. I'm not sure why this happens. Several very competent computer experts told me it shouldn't occur, but it did. Now, I use Chrome at times I want to watch video clips and have no problems. I still use IE for some things and Google Chrome for others but once I am totally familiar with Chrome, I will use it all the time. Some people also told me that IE could not be deleted, that it was part of the Windows Operating System. But I googled removing IE and found several methods to do so . But for the time being, I just leave it installed. Good luck.. gdr

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks GDR. That's about what I decided. I tried everything that was supposed to correct that but nothing worked. There are seven or eight different things that are supposed to correct this but none worked for me. I gave up after about four hours yesterday. LOL Jackie B.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts