Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My address box no longer gives previous sites when I type in the first letters. What have I done to cause this and how do I fix it? When you are a slow typist like me, every shortcut helps. Thanks.

·
Registered
175 Posts
You have cleared the cookies it sounds like.....that means you have told your puter to not see the little hints your puter usually saves once you have been to a site.. In my opinion thats a good thing
Next ??? is do you know how to save a site you like to favorites since thats the safest way????
When you go to a site you know you are going to revisit look up top while your at the site and you will see favorites left click the favorites open then add to your saved sites when you want to go back open your browser and double click on it will ake you there..
Sandie

·
Strong Supporter of Trapshooting
4,727 Posts
A guy should do this accasionally... the cache fills and can really solw you down some.

It will all start over again for you as you visit sites.

Whiz

G

·
You didn't say what you were using as a browser, but on the off chance you've got Firefox, there is an "Option" selection in the "Tools" menu (across the top of the screen). Navigate to the "History" tab and make sure the middle selection has a check next to it. Mine does NOT because it annoys the heck out of me.
<center>
</center>
Mike

·
Registered
321 Posts
Do yourself a favor and save the sites you visit often in your FAVORITES.

This way, no matter what happens with the cookies/cache, you'll still be able to visit your favorite sites.

You can also copy them to another machine if you desire to save them.

·
Registered
10,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
deking, you are the man. Thanks everyone. Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.