Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Remember those commercials for them, where the guy drove them off cliffs, walls and everything ?? Best thing for a FIAT is a cliff...

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Who cares!

Personally I hope they fail. If this is the best they can do, then they deserve whatever happens.

Free Market!!

Curt

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Not so Sole....

Those aforementioned companies are just part of their total holdings which in most likelihood would be sold to others to satisfy existing debts...

Bus/Econ 101

Curt

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I owned an Fiat 850 spyder one year back in the 70s while in college. My uncle, who owned a service station, stopped by every morning during the winter to jump start the damn thing. It wasn't the battery that was the problem it was the engine.

GM was awfully interested in the Dodge piece of the business for the hot rod cars, I wonder if that will ever turn into something? GM needs to get whole first and who knows when or if that will happen.

Steve

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
EE: you are absolutely correct. Everyone needs to look at where the profit goes. If it keeps leaving our country there won't be any for our children, their children and so on. wake up America. Birdtracker

·
Registered
408 Posts
Fiat quit importing cars to the US in the 70s. It's possible that they have learned to build cars in the interim. We'll soon see.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
I remember reading that the Yugo was based on the mechanics of the Fiat 128, under license from Fiat, with a modified body style. I think that Fiat called it the "Little Mouse."

Fiat used to sell a little wedge shaped 2 seat car named something like the X 1/9. I used to drive a full sized Ford van and the little Fiats were invisible in my right hand mirror. They sure had loud horns because hey would really sound off when I cut one off when changing lanes.

Fiat used to make a small convertable which was called a 124. Anyway, a friend had one and he used to roll it, often.

I think that the Italian government subsidizes Fiat like the US does for some of the “too big to fail banks.”

If Fiats are imported to the US, they will sell IMO if they are priced low enough.

Ed Ward

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.