Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope that you at leased kissed them on their way out. Lol.

ec90t

·
Supporting Vendor
9,759 Posts
Jeeze....OK (perhaps I should have shut my mouth). In my parts (everything seems to be regional for some reason), original 1897's in the condition that you describe are fetching a very fair price...Beretta 390's and A5's are not. They were even doing better when the cowboy cult was all of the rage, but, they are still in very high demand none the less.

Tron

·
Banned
2,841 Posts
Gee Tron, You mean trading a Lefever or Parker in very good condition for a couple of newer production guns is not good deal? Who would have thought?

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
I've seen garages for sale from those steel building manufacturers.

As far as patio sales go, I have no use for them. I could have all the free ones that I want from Pheasantmaster, who also can make nice driveways and garage floors.

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
JB, you got a good shooter and some trading fodder for $175 and cleanup time. That's a great deal in anyone's book. Enjoy the 390. Sell the A5 here for $176; buy a coffee for the extra buck and don't look back.

Neil

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Shooting Jack, thats all you got??? No boot?????????????????????????? Man you ain't much of a "haggler".LOL You better send whomever it was a Christmas card...

Also since you surely wouldn't want to dissapoint Neil with the advice he gave you on selling the A5 for $175, I'll buy it for that. Where do I send the money??

curvy, thanks for the plug :-}

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
I'll tell you, P-master, when I read that "Best Auto" thread I couldn't believe how many votes the Browning A5 swept up. I've shot quite a few, just a few shots on the practice line, and I thought they were all terrible. I just couldn't see any appeal other than nostalgia and that last usually turns out to be a case of the grass being a lot greener before. Is there anybody here who actually shoots one at ATA trap? Or an 1897? Be honest now . . .

Neil

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Neil, I didn't say that I liked to shoot them. But from a dependability view point, I've seen them with so darn much debris in the receiver that they would hardly close and still cycled. Twice I've witnessed one dropped in water and thus mud be fished out and they still worked. But I'll say again, I don't like shooting them, especially now...

Sidenote, Kent Evans shot his first trap targets with one.

·
Registered
9,529 Posts
DoubleAuto- Yes, there are some uses for shotguns that do not involve shooting trap, but they are clearly secondary. God intended for shotguns to be used for ATA events. All other casual uses are intended to prepare a shooter to enter ATA events. I do have a very open mind on this topic and my mind is closed.

Pat Ireland

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Martin, Those old hump-backs are amazing. Years ago duck hunting, I complained to the fellow with me that my model 11 seemed to have an awful lot of kick to it. Being the observant genius that I am, I didn't notice that I was feeding it 3" mags. I don't know how the heck it was ejecting, but it got them out of there. LOL. Great memories of days gone by, some I should forget I guess. Have fun, one cement head to another. Bob

·
Registered
480 Posts
Double Auto, I believe that Mr. Ireland was just messing with ya. What he meant was that trap is good practice for sporting and that an A5 isn’t much of a gun for either!

Anyway, that’s the way I read it.

(Big Smile)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.