Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran across this and thought all dog lovers (especially Golden Retrievers) would enjoy it.

Forget 101 dalmatians - when it comes to a gathering of adorable pets nothing beats 222 golden retrievers. The record-breaking number of golden retrievers were pictured at Guisachan House in Tomich, Invernessshire, the birthplace of the breed, for the Highland gathering of the gentle canines.
The event was hosted by the Golden Retriever Club of Scotland at the Highland gathering last month.

Click link for more:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2391957/101-dalmatians-Theyve-got-222-golden-retrievers-gather-outside-Highland-house-originate.html

Gene in Illinois

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Really nice article. We have been threatening to get a golden for some time now. Very appealing with their looks and personality. The thought of the shedding possibilities has kept us away. Bill

·
Registered
488 Posts
They are shedders Slayer and require a lot of brushing and combing, but they have such a great loving personality that the shedding is worth it to a lot of people. We have owned and hunted with most of the water dogs over the years and most goldens are great at waterfowl hunting, but do require more grooming than the short hair dogs, especially if you hunt them in a marshy area with lots of burrs and nettles etc. Boykins are like this as well because of the long hair, but I don't think they shed as much as a golden imho. Get one! I don't think you will be sorry.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Check breeder out they are most common for Lymphoma Genetic plays into this When my Vizsla was sick with this AND DIED , did tons of research and came across that info Goldens number #1. And also were popular with Yuppies also so became a money maker with breeders so over breed with little attention paid to gene pool. I hate it when hunting dogs become the popular pet . I have duck hunted with some good ones years ago not mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts