Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Prvi Partizan is a Serbian ammo manufacturer. I am wondering if anyone here has used any of their product, specifically .223?

Gene in Illinois

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
The steel case .223 is problematic. It often fails to eject cleanly due to the lacquer on the case. IMHO, it's not worth the price.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have used Prvi Partisan in .222 - the casing is brass - it worked without any issues - accuracy was similar to domestic ammo.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
omgb:

So, you have used their ammo but it had steel cases that were a problem, right? I ask because I cannot find any steel cased ammo on their website.

OK_Shooter:

Did you mean .223 ?

Gene in Illinois

·
Premium Member
12,316 Posts
I have used it quite a bit. The 100 grn 243 round is deadly on deer...

Dollar for dollar I think it is some of the best ammo going (bought before the Obama price jump).

edit:

My take is that the brass is of a very high quality - great for reloading.

I think velocity is a bit less than some of the USA name brand stuff - at least the 'high end' stuff, but that would be expected - it is generic ammo, not trying to be magnum-like. This observation is based on felt recoil - not chronograph work.

I know the gun shop I used loves it (when prices were pre-Obama). They also felt it was some of the best ammo for the buck going. I have a stockpile of their brass 223 somewhere...

We have noticed some variation between different lot numbers, so if you are after hunting ammo I would suggest you go after 'same lot' boxes. Not enough to not buy the stuff, but forewarned is forearmed.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
I've shot over a 1000 rounds of their brass cased .223 through my Stag AR. Not a hiccup yet.

Edit: I just looked at the empties and it's actually 5.56mm marked. I believe they were 55grain however it's all been sent down range.

·
Banned
2,758 Posts
I sell a lot of it in my shop. No compliants on any of the calibers I have sold. The 22 hornet is about 1/2 the price of any other brand and shoots as well or better. Everyone is happy with the accuracy. The brass is reloadable and its boxer primed. All calibers cost less than most other brands.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
My shooting buddy bought some Privi .308 in the blue and white box for his Savage Tactical. I guess it could have been the rifle, but, if he shot it in 90 degree heat, it would blow the primers loose in the brass. Cool weather it was okay.

I bought some of the Privi brass in 7.62X54R to reload for a PSL and the primer pockets were too deep for any of the primers I had. They were noticeably deeper than they should have been with resultant FTFs due to light primer hits. After that, I sprang for some Lapua brand brass, and had no problems (except the cost).

Your mileage may vary.

Bob Falfa

·
Registered
808 Posts
To answer bigbore613 on the Tula.223 steelcase. I have shot quite a bit of it without trouble. $5.27 a box of 20 at Wallyworld. We use it when we are shooting somewhere that brass would be hard to find like in the orchard grass. The steel cases rust away faster that you would expect. We found a few from just last year that were crumbly and nearly gone.

It is pretty cruddy stuff but if you clean your gun after use it is no big deal.

·
Registered
817 Posts
OK_Shooter

Are you sure your old Remington Model 721 in .222 isn't actually a Model 722?

I have one of those and they are great old rifles.

Bob

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I meant .223 as I said. They used to have a steel cased round, I guess they dropped it. Good riddance in my book.

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
I shot a couple hundred rounds of the 75 gr Prvi Match .223. I did not in any way feel disappointed with function or accuracy on the 200 and 300 yard stages of a National Match course. I shot a couple of 100% targets at 200. I did not seem to hold the 600 yard target as well as Sierra MatchKing bullets in my reloads, but that is probably not a problem unless you are a National Match participant.

The Brass is good quality and holds up well for the 5 times reloading I usually limit for rifle brass. It may not be as good as Federal Gold Medal Match ammo, but it is a good bit cheaper. I would not hesitate to buy more if I needed ammo.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts