Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is with a heavy heart that I must report that Ed Detty, OSTA S.E. Director, passed away, unexpectedly, this morning. Ed was a great Director a good shooter but a better person! Ed will be missed by many. Please keep the Detty family in your thoughts and prayers.

Tim Hunsaker
OSTA President

·
Registered
494 Posts
Tim,
So sorry to hear this. Ed was a tremendous advocate for trapshooting as well as hunting and other outdoor activities. My condolences go out to his family and friends. We’ve lost a great person WAY too soon.

·
Registered
476 Posts
So sorry to hear. Condolences to the family. Ed will be missed by everyone in the trapshooting family.

Dave & Sandy Berlet Dirk Meckstroth

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have known Ed for many years he was a good shooter and a good person ! Our sport was richer because of his presence and we are poorer for his passing..He will be missed. My condolences to his family.
J T Evans

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Sorry to hear, but is it Oregon, Oklahoma, or Ohio?

·
Registered
Beretta TR1
563 Posts
There were may times when my son would shoot in a squad either directly before or after Ed. Enjoyed watching him because he was a good shooter. Ed was even the official during the Kubota shoot-off at the 2019 Ohio State shoot that my son won. Good thing he had good eyes because the chip on that last target was hard to see.

He will be missed by many.

God speed Ed.

upload_2020-7-22_13-36-8.png

·
Registered
Beretta TR1
563 Posts
We were to the right of you when this photo was taken. Remember seeing Family Guy coming up to take the photo. Pretty sure Ryan was in squad directly after yours again. Will be strange being at a shoot and not see Ed. Hope his family is coping okay.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts