Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Krieghoff K80
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The lunacy continues................

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2014/02/no_system_yet_exists_to_enforce_ny_safe_acts_background_checks_on_ammo_sales_sup.html

·
Registered
13,589 Posts
I don't think it surprises anyone. The state is broke, and has no money to create a NICS style background system from scratch.

I'd be willing to bet that there will NEVER be a background system in place to facilitate the checks, and that part of the law will sit dormant in perpetuity, until it is repealed or thrown out in court.

Dandy Andy thought the feds were going to let him use NICS to run his ammo background checks, and was slapped across the face in a hurry when it came to that. NICS itself is already grossly overwhelmed and nearly broke.

Dandy Andy himself repealed the failed COBIS database after the state spent a decade and millions of dollars creating and maintaining it, and it failed to help solve a SINGLE crime. The safe act will do the same thing (fail to help solve any crimes) and will cost exponentially more than COBIS did.

Andy thought this was going to be his springboard to the white house, and instead I hope it is the lead weight that sinks him to the bottom of the river.

In the mean time, the only thing the safe act has done from an ammo standpoint is that it now prevents internet ammo orders that aren't routed through a dealer (so it basically prevents all internet ammo orders).

·
Krieghoff K80
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Point well made Skeet..........Hopefully it will just wilt away, but I think Dandy will maintain pressure on the powers that be, in hopes that he will not be made out the fool. Background chks for ammo bad for consumers and vendors, gangbangers will always have ammo. We need Rob Astorino in Albany......a hell of a pro gun guy.....and a hell of a guy in general.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts