Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gotta love NY--Man gets 2 years in prison for having over 200lbs of gunpowder and 45 k ads of ammo. All is guns were registered but some were loaded and some did not have safety locks.

Another reason to never set foot in that f---ing city. Wondering how many on this site would get life sentences if you were living in NYC.

Phil Berkowitz

·
Premium Member
8,004 Posts
Phil, was he arrested for the large amount of powder or ammo, or is it illegal to have a loaded gun ,or the gun lock crap? Who can keep up with all their crap laws? I'll never go back, only thing I liked was a little hole in the wall pizza place in Brooklyn and Peter Lugar (Brooklyn) Steakhouse.
Aloha

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
High capacity magazines & unlocked guns according to the NY Daily News-but who knows about gunpowder. You all know what an arsenal means in NYC--2 guns and 2 magazines. Heard there is a six month wait to get into Peter Luger's for the unconnected. Was the pizza Tortonno's -a coal fired pizza--real throw back to the 40's

Phil Berkowitz

·
Premium Member
8,004 Posts
Gosh Phil, you got that on the first try! You must of gone there as the pizza is to die for and smells from the place really sticks in the memory. I'd pay a hundred for a pie right now! Use to go there a lot in the 70s and 80s. Heard they just reopened from the damage hurricane sandy did. My old time friend who lived there all his life took me there on my first visit.
Aloha

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That pizza joint was unique-the who owned it was a very independent cuss-when he ran out of cheese, dough, whatever he closed for the day-when we were visiting relatives we bought a few pies to bring back to NJ-my wife couldn't resist the smell--she leaped into the back seat and started eating on of the pies as we were in the Holland tunnel. Have never had a pizza that came close to Tortonno's

Phil Berkowitz

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Know your laws. Fair or not....

New York State

(m) Smokeless powder. (1) Storage by individuals. Smokeless powder for the reloading of shells by sportsmen for use in sporting rifles, shotguns, pistols or revolvers in an amount not in excess of 15 pounds and in the original containers may be kept in a building or other structure without storing such powder in a magazine.

Subpart 39.6 - New York State Department of Labor

I suspect a number of states limit the amount powder stored in homes.

Also, New York has laws on storage of weapons.

·
Banned
4,288 Posts
High capacity magazines & unlocked guns according to the NY Daily News-but who knows about gunpowder. You all know what an arsenal means in NYC--2 guns and 2 magazines. Heard there is a six month wait to get into Peter Luger's for the unconnected. Was the pizza Tortonno's -a coal fired pizza--real throw back to the 40's Phil Berkowitz
Seems to me like this mans problem in New York is the same with people who do not follow police officers commands.

GS

·
Registered
29,226 Posts
Hope he does not have an arsenal of sugared soda too. His time might be even longer.

·
Premium Member
18,216 Posts
Or too many 32 oz. cups!

·
Registered
146 Posts
hey... don't forget about trans fat:

The Board of Health voted Tuesday to make New York the nation’s first city to ban artery-clogging artificial trans fats at restaurants — from the corner pizzeria to high-end bakeries.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts