Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Butt ugly, no pun intended, but it is compliant and it works.

·
Premium Member
18,830 Posts
Boy, that is ugly.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shhhh, don't let Tron hear you dissin' his gal.

·
Registered
7,690 Posts
I think it still looks better than an AK.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
No forward assist???

Is this one of the items NY specifically banned.

The gun is ugly IMHO.

I think the WASR 10 and all its ugly wood and dremeled mag well is better looking than that thing.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It doesn't have an ejection port dust cover either. DPMS makes a Sportical upper that lacks these parts.

·
Registered
13,610 Posts
No issues with forward assist or dust cover, just that that model doesn't have them.

The WASR would be considered an assault weapon in NYS because of the pistol grip.

Hence the idiocy of the law. An AR with a pistol grip and no other "evil" features (bayo lug, flash suppressor, muzzle break, collapsible stock, forward pistol grip, or grenade launcher) is an assault weapon. An AR without a pistol grip, but otherwise completely identical is not an assault weapon, even though it has the exact same functionality, lethality, and accuracy.

And the complete lunacy is that if an AR had ALL of those evil features, it doesn't make it any more deadly. They'd outlaw the AR15, and all semi-auto shotguns and rifles, but they can't, so they saddle us with this BS.

I'd like to build an AR in the near future. I'll probably just make it side charging and not put a gas tube in it, which makes it not a semi-auto, and hence it cannot be an assault weapon, so I can have all the evil features I want and it doesn't fall under the SAFE act. I just have to hand action the bolt every time.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Necessity is the mother of invention. Ugly? Yes very ugly but it beats not being able to have one.

To normal people, the ridiculousness of banning those certain features is obvious. The idiots who drafted and passed those stupid laws in NY are not by any means normal. I bet those same morons are scheming to include the uglied up AR now too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts