Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you here that shoot NSCA events, what was your starting class? I registered a few months ago and was placed in D class with no prior shooting history, however a buddy of mine also joined and was placed in E class also with no history. Does anybody know the reason behind this?

·
Registered
978 Posts
I was honest with them when I signed up for NSCA. I told them, as per my ATA averages, that I was a A singles, 27 yard, A doubles shooter. I had shot some registered skeet with NSCA about 5 years ago and was E but I let my membership lapse.

They put me in E for sporting clays. I'm only thinking they did this since I had been a part of the NSSA/NSCA previously. I've earned a punch since starting but not enough to move up to D.

·
Registered
230 Posts
If you are, or were, an ATA member, note rule A-1-b-(2). That's why I'll never shoot registered sporting. I shoot a lot of sporting in the off-season, but that rule keeps me from shooting registered sporting even tho my NSSA membership means I would not have to pay to join NSCA (and pay dues)..

Maybe I'm just lucky.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Yes, once. But most sporting shoots I want to shoot don't allow Hunters Class.

I'm told if I shoot Hunters Class to expect to be competing against former Masters and All Americans.
Are you saying your ATA average would put you in A or D?

Why wouldn't you shoot the 300 targets as an A shooter, then get reclassified?

If they put you in D, then work your way up.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Why wouldn't you shoot the 300 targets as an A shooter, then get reclassified?
I don't want to feed the A Class shooters while I get a class. I'm not interested in chasing down 300 score-your-own targets, even if I could find a convenient place to shoot them.

I wouldn't be shooting a lot of registered sporting. I'd just be interested in a few of the regional biggies, and probably only for100 preliminary targets. Targets Only would be fine for me, but I don't think that is offered at the shoots I'd be interested in. No interest in 200 targets over two days.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I don't want to feed the A Class shooters while I get a class. I'm not interested in chasing down 300 score-your-own targets, even if I could find a convenient place to shoot them.

I wouldn't be shooting a lot of registered sporting. I'd just be interested in a few of the regional biggies, and probably only for100 preliminary targets. Targets Only would be fine for me, but I don't think that is offered at the shoots I'd be interested in. No interest in 200 targets over two days.
It's three shoots, how much will you be feeding them?

Obviously you're a good trap shooter, maybe they will be feeding you.

·
Registered
25,665 Posts
It's three shoots, how much will you be feeding them?

Obviously you're a good trap shooter, maybe they will be feeding you.
That ain’t the point. The point is, he wants them to accommodate HIM. He doesn’t want to have to do the same thing any other prospect has to do. He’s BETTER don’t you know !

Reactions: marbax
1 - 20 of 27 Posts