Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
8,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A text version can be seen at NRA.org for those who didn't get to watch on tv....

In my opinion the NRA had meaningful solutions to the problems at hand....interestly enough they commented on workable school protection programs scrapped buy the White House.

I wonder what our puke-in-chief and his vice-puppet will have to say in response......

Its still going to be a uphill battle.......

Bill

·
Registered
8,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A text version can be seen at NRA.org for those who didn't get to watch on tv....

In my opinion the NRA had meaningful solutions to the problems at hand....interestly enough they commented on workable school protection programs scrapped buy the White House.

I wonder what our puke-in-chief and his vice-puppet will have to say in response......

Its still going to be a uphill battle.......

Bill

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
National Rifle Association Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre, breaking the powerful gun lobby’s weeklong silence in the week of the Newtown, Conn., school shooting, called for arming America’s schools and blamed the creation of “gun-free school zones” for leaving the nation’s schoolchildren “defenseless” against mentally ill mass murderers.

In an unapologetic defense of gun owner rights, the NRA executive said blame for the Newtown shooting in which a lone gunman killed 26 students and school officials should not be attributed to the nation’s gun laws, but on the nation’s failure to deal adequately with the mentally ill, the failure to deploy armed protection for the nation’s schools, and a media and entertainment industry that glorifies violence and mass killers.

Calling the media “silent enablers” of such mass shootings, Mr. LaPierre said, “Rather than face their own moral failures, the media demonize lawful gun owners.”

Noting that airports, government offices, sports stadiums and other potential targets relay on armed guards, Mr. LaPierre said all the gun-free school zones do is “tell every insane killer in American that schools are the safest place to inflict maximum mayhem with minimum risk.”

“The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun,” Mr. LaPierre said, calling for Congress to provide the money to fund the placement of an armed police officer in “every single school.” He said his group would develop and fund a “model shield defense program” for schools to boost their security, with former Arkansas Rep. Asa Hutchinson heading the effort.

National Rifle Association President David Keane, who said the organization was “shocked” by the shooting, but said NRA officials would not be taking questions until next week on their proposals.

The powerful gun lobby had been uncharacteristically quiet in the past week, even as President Obama established a government-wide task force to explore new gun laws. The organization in a statement earlier this week pledged to make “meaningful contributions” to the national debate that has exploded in the wake of the shootings over gun-control and gun-related violence.

Newtown and communities around the country observed a moment of silence at 9:30 a.m. Friday morning — exactly a week after the shooting began.

The press conference Friday morning was briefly interrupted twice by protestors, with one man bearing a pink hand-painted sign that read “NRA stop killing our children.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/dec/21/nra-calls-arming-schools-after-newtown-conn/#ixzz2FhohETUH
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
National Rifle Association Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre, breaking the powerful gun lobby’s weeklong silence in the week of the Newtown, Conn., school shooting, called for arming America’s schools and blamed the creation of “gun-free school zones” for leaving the nation’s schoolchildren “defenseless” against mentally ill mass murderers.

In an unapologetic defense of gun owner rights, the NRA executive said blame for the Newtown shooting in which a lone gunman killed 26 students and school officials should not be attributed to the nation’s gun laws, but on the nation’s failure to deal adequately with the mentally ill, the failure to deploy armed protection for the nation’s schools, and a media and entertainment industry that glorifies violence and mass killers.

Calling the media “silent enablers” of such mass shootings, Mr. LaPierre said, “Rather than face their own moral failures, the media demonize lawful gun owners.”

Noting that airports, government offices, sports stadiums and other potential targets relay on armed guards, Mr. LaPierre said all the gun-free school zones do is “tell every insane killer in American that schools are the safest place to inflict maximum mayhem with minimum risk.”

“The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun,” Mr. LaPierre said, calling for Congress to provide the money to fund the placement of an armed police officer in “every single school.” He said his group would develop and fund a “model shield defense program” for schools to boost their security, with former Arkansas Rep. Asa Hutchinson heading the effort.

National Rifle Association President David Keane, who said the organization was “shocked” by the shooting, but said NRA officials would not be taking questions until next week on their proposals.

The powerful gun lobby had been uncharacteristically quiet in the past week, even as President Obama established a government-wide task force to explore new gun laws. The organization in a statement earlier this week pledged to make “meaningful contributions” to the national debate that has exploded in the wake of the shootings over gun-control and gun-related violence.

Newtown and communities around the country observed a moment of silence at 9:30 a.m. Friday morning — exactly a week after the shooting began.

The press conference Friday morning was briefly interrupted twice by protestors, with one man bearing a pink hand-painted sign that read “NRA stop killing our children.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/dec/21/nra-calls-arming-schools-after-newtown-conn/#ixzz2FhohETUH
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
Likes to shoot- you dont have a clue

The school protection program by the way is the exact same one I came up with on here- hire professionals to do it---- of course you said no to that- you wanted wannabees and teachers to do it

Uphill fight? OMG

I will say that there was composure in that presentation despite people trying to break into the speech with their own comments-

Regards from Iowa

Gene

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
Likes to shoot- you dont have a clue

The school protection program by the way is the exact same one I came up with on here- hire professionals to do it---- of course you said no to that- you wanted wannabees and teachers to do it

Uphill fight? OMG

I will say that there was composure in that presentation despite people trying to break into the speech with their own comments-

Regards from Iowa

Gene

·
Registered
8,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gene...in response to your dip shit post show me the post where I said those words...........

Do you enjoy being the site clown?....no offence intended to real clowns..

·
Registered
8,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Gene...in response to your dip shit post show me the post where I said those words...........

Do you enjoy being the site clown?....no offence intended to real clowns..

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
You don't say Crazy Gene, you and everyone else has been saying armed security since the beginning. Don't get too excited. I was surprised we didn't see you there with your homemade sign calling for a gun ban.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
You don't say Crazy Gene, you and everyone else has been saying armed security since the beginning. Don't get too excited. I was surprised we didn't see you there with your homemade sign calling for a gun ban.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.