Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am president of Walworth Sportsman's Club in Walworth,NY. Last summer the local NRA branch held it's annual fund drive and auction.

In our area we have at least 10 clubs. I was very disappointed by the turn out at this function. We had 2 tales, one was $175.00 per person the the other $75.00 per person eight to a table. Of the 10 gun clubs in our area there was not another gun club represented. Sad.

PS, we are not 100% NRA or will we ever be. To have that as a point of club membership is foolish, as members think they have given and do not need to support any other function.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Bernie K may mean state committees, Friends of NRA, of which I belong, and we have a banquet and raffles every year. There are 23 I believe in CO. The funds raised are split 50/50 with 50% going to the NRA and the other 50% going to Grants applied for by Local clubs/ associations, of which we get together and vote on.

Please consider joining one as with ours, help is lacking considering what is accomplished. We normally raise 400k a year net. Just go on FNRA.org and call a local rep to volunteer. Bob

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
BErnie K,
In order for other clubs to be there, my advice, invite them, make a personal call to each and everyone. Most will gladly donate, but all expect an invite or personal one on one interaction. This works well for our "Friends of the NRA" banquet, we are in Mondamtana, we are the North Central Chapter. By asking folks one on one we increased our net bottom line 49% over last year. Another thing we have done to increase sponsorships was to have a sponsor dinner a couple months ahead of the main banquet, this has been very successful for our chapter by increasing sponsorships considerably. Scott

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
"we are not 100% NRA or will we ever be. To have that as a point of club membership is foolish, as members think they have given and do not need to support any other function."

REALLY? To ignore the fact that you can still own guns and have a gun club is due largely to NRAs efforts over the years to champion and defend the 2nd Amendment. What's foolish is to think you and the collection of small thinkers in this country can weather any sort of effort by the government you elected to collect your guns. Foolish huh?

Some of your members need a tune-up talk.

·
Registered
498 Posts
While I believe that everyone that owns a gun,should belong to the NRA and offer other support. There should be some discussion,of why the support isnt there. I for one am getting alittle tired of the non stop request from them. I started letting there stuff pile up in Nov. I have received 5 request to renew my membership. I JUST FRIKIN REJOINED IN AUG AT SPARTA LIKE I DO EVERY YEAR. Theyve done spent my membership fee on junk mail. Oh and I have yet to receive my magazine. Now its a Dvd collection that if you dont send back your charged for!! which there proud to tell you doesn't come out of your dues.But was never asked for. At leat they don't call anymore. Last year I was getting a phone call every couple days. I asked several times to be takin off the call list. Then I finally managed to get ahold of someone in charge and informed them one more call and I would never join again or send any other kind of donation which I do. I talk to a lot of people that still join but are sick of the non stop request. So before asking why aren't they eating the food you might want to see if its spoiled! As Johnny Storm would say flame on!

·
Registered
20,319 Posts
Unsolicited ( you did not order the item ) DVD's, Christmas cards, mailing labels, books, whatever, sent to you do NOT obligate you to either pay for the item or return the item. That the constant barrage of demand letters makes some people either return or pay for those items makes these low-lifes send them to their mailing lists.

Life member but still get the 'annual renewal' packages. Tends to make me wonder just EXACTLY what our dues are being spent on if not the junk mail and unsolicited merchandise bologna.

Don T. ( Cold and Snow in the Mile High City )

1 - 9 of 9 Posts