Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The NRA offers all members no cost insurance of $2500 for loss of firearms due to multiple causes, including theft. This is promoted as a member benefit. But each member must "activate" the insurance to be covered. I suspect that there are a few members of the TS community who are (1) unaware of the availability of this benefit and/or (2) unaware of the requirement for "activation."

I just lost my Blaser F3 with the 28 gauge barrels and my Browning Ultra XS 28 gauge to a vehicular burglary. (I really don't need anyone to tell me I shouldn't have left the guns in my truck - I know that and it has been pointed out several times by my "friends.")

My point in posting this thread is to encourage all of you who are NRA members to "activate" this free benefit. Or you may find out, like I have, that it is not a benefit at all. Activation is simple and quick. I know this because I just activated mine shortly after the burglary. JPM

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
The insurance the NRA offered was secondary insurance, payable after your primary insurance paid. So you put in a claim with your primary first, then what they don't cover the NRA would pick up, up to their limit. At least this is how it was originally offered. It's possible it's changed since I looked into it last. Check into the details and see how it meshes with your current insurance.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
I had it once years ago. Had a claim too. I`m not going to get into the details here but after my homeowners insurance paid there part the NRA insurance was to pick up the balance of the claim. $86. They refused to pay it. They said the guns weren't worth that much. 10% over dealer plus tax for replacement. 4 handguns and 2 were never fired. Lost a lot of faith in the NRA after that.

·
Registered
850 Posts
By the way the reason you have to activate the $2500 insurance policy is it leads you to a web site that tries to sell gun owners additional insurance. Also, I understand that policy will only pay 1k per gun. All in all not a bad deal for the price of membership

1 - 8 of 8 Posts