Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The annual NRA convention this year is being held in Indianapolis, IN which is right in my backyard - literally a 20 minute drive from my house.

For those who may have attended an NRA convention in the last few years - what should I expect, look forward to, ensure I don't miss ? At the least I plan to walk the exhibitor's floor to see the sights.

I know there will be one evening with entertainment - but that doesn't hold my interest much. Any other events that you attended and felt to be worthwhile ? Meetings, banquet, ?

Thanks in advance

Amboy49

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Check out what seminars are being offered. I have hit a few pretty good ones in years gone by. I have also attended a few that were less than I expected but since they don't cost anything you do not have to feel bad about walking out.

The Saturday morning meeting is worth attending just to get a feel for what the organization is up to. Once in a while it does get "real interesting" like in Cincinnati several years back where it went on till the next day because of a revolt among the members. The Philly meeting from a few years ago was cut short by the leadership when Neal Knox was raising some issues about how the organization was being run. That too did not sit well with s fair number of members who took the time to inform themselves about the contentiousness issues.

They also usually have an air gun range where you can try your skills with a number of different air guns. When they were in Indy in 1976 they had a running boar air gun range that was very popular. I don't know if it will be there this year.

I have never attended the banquet where the featured speaker(s) do their thing nor the breakfast so no info from me on those matters.

You might even get a chance to piss off a few protesters who seem to always want to harass members who are attending the convention. In Pittsburgh one time I debated on the street with one such protester. It was hilarious when he would say something that was so obviously wrong that others around actually chuckled at his idiocy.

·
Premium Member
18,761 Posts
I went to Houston last year. Didn't get to see everything. Most of the seminars were sold out when I got there, but the general assembly meeting was good- Ollie North, Wayne Pierre, etc. I handled alot of guns in two days. Wear tennis shoes, and a backpack would be handy for all of the catalogs and literature you pick up. Have fun, Charlie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts