Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend just phoned me with some info I could hardly believe, but knowing what an @*#$(*& dear Gov Prickster is I guess I shouldn’t be surprised. My friend is close friends with one of the major vendors at the grand. That person told him their rent for the building space at the WRSC is still due, even though the governor denied the ATA from using the facility this year! How could any vendor be charged for space they weren’t allowed to use? I’m no legal scholar but this makes no sense, unless it’s just another way of running the ATA and the vendors out of Sparta.

·
Administrator
8,659 Posts
A friend just phoned me with some info I could hardly believe, but knowing what an @*#$(*& dear Gov Prickster is I guess I shouldn’t be surprised. My friend is close friends with one of the major vendors at the grand. That person told him their rent for the building space at the WRSC is still due, even though the governor denied the ATA from using the facility this year! How could any vendor be charged for space they weren’t allowed to use? I’m no legal scholar but this makes no sense, unless it’s just another way of running the ATA and the vendors out of Sparta.
Iam not surprised as IL continues looking for any and all revenue in any way they can. It would be interesting to see the terms and conditions or fine print on the rental contract that covers the vendor space.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I just saw that JB has to appear in a downstate court hearing next Friday. If he doesn't show he could be held in contempt of court. I sure hope it's a republican judge!!! "Lock him up!"

·
Registered
747 Posts
Personally I would like for the ATA to work out something with the MTA at Linn Creek for updates to the infrastructure and grounds and just continue to have it there and screw the communist #*-&hole in Illinois. At least we would have plenty of places to stay and good food and activities for the rest of the family. A whole lot better than the Hell Hole they put the World Shooting Center in. JMHO

MJ

"Once you compromise your integrity it can never be regained"

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
So you don't think all the other businesses in the whole country that lease space, but have been shut down don't have to still pay their rent, property tax, school tax, etc? The bills will still come due.

·
Registered
362 Posts
They shouldn't have to pay. Why should any person have to pay rent to a owner that won't let them open. That argument don't make sense. Property tax you still own the property. School tax , i believe if they don't have school , no tax. We all know thats not going to happen though.

·
Banned
10,357 Posts
So you don't think all the other businesses in the whole country that lease space, but have been shut down don't have to still pay their rent, property tax, school tax, etc? The bills will still come due.
Still doesn't make it right if they Can't use it and are not allowed IN it ! How do you thunk you would feel if your rented ground as as a farmer but the owner locked you out and told you you can't plant anything but still have to pay him, and in THIS case the same Commie government that told them they can't USE the space is the same COMMIE PINKO outfit that kept them from coming !

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Does the government own the spaces at Sparta or is it owned by a private company? Different situation, different argument depending upon ownership.

·
Banned
2,711 Posts
Do you know what I find odd? Northbrook Sports Club upstate in Hainesville, IL is holding the NSCA North Central Regional right now. While not as big as the Grand, it is still one of the larger NSCA shoots on the calendar.

Why do sporting shooters get to shoot and not trap shooters?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Does the government own the spaces at Sparta or is it owned by a private company? Different situation, different argument depending upon ownership.
Does Illinois have a "Force Majeur"[sp?] doctrine for contracts? i.e. If due to forces outside the control of either party the terms of the contract are impossible to meet the contract is void or voidable by either party?
It has been a long time since I studied contract law and it wasn't
Thank God in Illinois.
Any Solicitors called to the Bar in Illinois please chime in.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Do you know what I find odd? Northbrook Sports Club upstate in Hainesville, IL is holding the NSCA North Central Regional right now. While not as big as the Grand, it is still one of the larger NSCA shoots on the calendar.

My best guess is it's Probably NOT a State Owned club property, called a State Recreation Park.

Still stinks that the state will not open this property, and yet wants their rent from those who are shut out.

I wonder how the Trapshooting Hall of Fame Museum contract reads. They are probably on the hook also for some sort of payment.

And the ATA who already leased the Motor home lots ? Do they still have to pay for those lots they could not rent out ? And the long term renters of those MH lots, do they get an extra year added to their lease agreement ?

A lot more to look into with this STATE's agreement.

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
They shouldn't have to pay. Why should any person have to pay rent to a owner that won't let them open. That argument don't make sense. Property tax you still own the property. School tax , i believe if they don't have school , no tax. We all know thats not going to happen though.
One thing you are wrong on. School tax runs regardless. I pay property taxes that a portion goes to our Vo-Tech, and regular school district.

·
Registered
205 Posts

Because there is no effective "ANTI-SOCIAL distancing"![smile]

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
In Illinois, the teachers union is the Democrats strongest support group. Teachers have unbelievable salaries and benefits here. No way would the Dems take any action, financial or otherwise, against that Union. Pritzker is an ass and Madigan should be in jail (like the Clintons). In Illinois it is hard to tell the difference between politicians and organized crime.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts