Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed a lot of shooting cancelled this month. Is it shells the virus. What are your plans to get through this season?
Steve

·
Registered
879 Posts
Same here. I have not seen one shoot cancelled outside of those when it was pouring down rain.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
We have a shoot on Saturday, probably a half dozen shooters have called or texted saying “If you have shells for sale, I’ll come”, we don’t so it’s anybody’s guess how many will show up. As a reference, our club never has shells for sale, but a couple of high volume shooter would sell somebody a flat if they were in a tight spot, but that isn’t happening now. Anybody that has any is holding tight.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Exactly, holding tight! I purchased a briley companion tube for my singles gun simply because I had and have been able to purchase more 28s

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
4 in California for this month. Don't know the reason why? Shells are 5 boxes a day. Just shoot at club. Last I heard we had part of a pallet. I will be shooting in Santa Maria Sat and Sun this weekend.
Steve

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Have not noticed any cancellations, but the numbers are down. Leagues started Tuesday evening. Down about thirty percent on teams. The club has shells at $8.00/box, but only if you sign up to shoot. When they run out and individuals to fill the teams do not have the shells to shoot, that team forfeits. I guess we will see how that goes. No shells at Walmart, Fleet Farm, Cabela's, etc. either.

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have not noticed any cancellations, but the numbers are down. Leagues started Tuesday evening. Down about thirty percent on teams. The club has shells at $8.00/box, but only if you sign up to shoot. When they run out and individuals to fill the teams do not have the shells to shoot, that team forfeits. I guess we will see how that goes. No shells at Walmart, Fleet Farm, Cabela's, etc. either.
I wish we had those options to buy shells in California

·
Premium Member
1,813 Posts
Haven't noticed any shoots cancelled but some of our club members have cut back on their shooting to stretch their ammo resources. Members who reload and find shells are helping those who have needs.

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sounds like at this point it is a bit and miss situation around the country.
Steve

·
Perazzi MX10RS
2,017 Posts
Running full schedules at the clubs here in eastern Iowa. My home clubs first ATA shoot of this calendar year was 2 weeks ago and we had 70 registered shooters (in the cold and high winds). Will have an ATA shoot every weekend, within a 1.5hr drive, now through end of October.

·
Premium Member
4,665 Posts
Missouri also running Strong....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts