Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at the South Dakota pipeline access by our resident Liberals? There is rioting and clashes with law enforcement. They were all over the ranchers occupying public lands a few months ago. I guess this lawlessness is different.

Intense clashes at Dakota Access pipeline site

·
Premium Member
11,991 Posts
Kind of shows that it has nothing to do with 'right' or 'wrong,' 'good' or 'bad' - but everything to do with who the MSM feels like covering - and how they choose to present it.

·
Registered
11,914 Posts
YEP, they aren't wearing cowboy hats!!! and waving the American Flag!!

And they are battling over "sacred land"(non-taxed)deemed by a few.

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
They're b*tching about the cold and the wet...............Well, buckle up buttercup, you don't have to be there!

No one is twisting your arm or chaining you up so that you have to stay.

Go home!

Hauxfan!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Lived next to a reservation all my life, they do this crap to increase the amount paid in surface damages, most don't care enough about that land to pick up their own trash off of it, it's about money.

·
Registered
15,372 Posts
Couple good cold snowstorms will settle 'em down.

·
Banned
2,644 Posts
They're protesting the POSSIBLE damage to tribal whatever and they're doing it on non-tribal land and the pipe is not on tribal land anyway. Not to deny that their worries have no basis, they are still are trespassing on property to which they have no claim.

But, it's only a couple months until any protest related to the environment will be illegal and protesters likely dangerous felons and legal for the FBI to shoot them. Of course the FBI already shoots any protester they care to so that will not be new - just that they will not have to pretend that they are defending themselves.

·
Registered
11,914 Posts
Well Well!!! just seen some "press" coverage!! Where, the you know what, is the EPA!?? Fires dumping BLACK smoke up into the air!!! Around here, YOU do that and the DOE and EPA are right there writing you up and giving YOU a heap big fine!!!

Double standard yet again!!!

Guess the tribe aint worried about offending mother air!!!

·
Banned
2,644 Posts
Not to worry. The EPA, DOE, OSHA and all those other pesky agencies are history in a couple mo. Corporations will once again be able to make the hard decisions on vital topics.

·
Premium Member
18,216 Posts
The EPA has banned smoke signals.

·
Registered
331 Posts
"Protesters" from all parts of the country, I suspect not many are local.

A lady who had been protesting a pipeline in Vermont was on the local news saying how she flew out to support the South Dakota protest.
They're rarely locals, they arrest them here by the busload, they're always trust fund baby's from the east coast who drive and fly in here to protest oil shale, I guess none of them know what fuels their transportation to get here.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Not all the Standing Rock Sioux are protesting the pipeline...

Not all the Standing Rock Sioux are protesting the pipeline - CNN.com

Wishing they'd go home
No one makes this clearer than Robert Fool Bear Sr., 54, district chairman of Cannon Ball. The town he runs, estimated population of 840, is just a few miles from the action. It's so close that, given the faceoffs with law enforcement, you have to pass through a police checkpoint to reach it.
It's about time people heard from folks like him, he says.

Go down to the camps, he says, and you won't see many Standing Rock Sioux. "It irks me. People are here from all over the world," he says. "If they could come from other planets, I think they would."

The situation has dissolved to madness, he says, and he wishes Dave Archambault II, the Standing Rock Sioux chairman, would speak up. "If he had any balls, he'd tell [the protesters] to go home," Fool Bear says.

·
Registered
8,200 Posts
I find int ironic that they are protesting an oil pipeline while they either flew in or drove to the site. Wonder what kind of heat they are using at their camp which is surrounded by gas guzzling vehicles. Most of the clothing is made from oil based material. lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts