Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just became aware that the grips pictured are for a "N-Frame" gun and are slightly oversized for this one. I will find grips that fit and probably try again at a lower price point, thanks for your patience. Bob
<
Smith & Wesson 686, 4" barrel, no box or papers. has some holster wear but otherwise functions as you would expect from a Smith. Great trigger, pin in hammer. $500 includes shipping to your FFL. I will only deal with members that have an acceptable, to me, history with Trapshooters. Sorry, no deal for anyone who has no track record of honesty. Thanks for your interest. PM to me if you have questions.

Gun Revolver Firearm Trigger Starting pistol

Gun Revolver Trigger Gun barrel Air gun

Revolver Gun Trigger Starting pistol

Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Starting pistol

Revolver Firearm Gun Trigger Starting pistol

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey "548" where did you go? I would consider that while your judgement is questionable, your money is every bit as good as the next guys. Being the capitalist that I am, come back and lets deal.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Apparently. He asked me, since he voted for Obama could he still buy the gun? You saw my answer. I had hoped that he was sincere but only time will tell. Much like his candidate. But that's another story for another thread.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
What dash number? And I'm assuming you don't have the original stocks.

Ed

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is NO dash number. Correcy regarding stocks. If you don't need the Hogue, I'll keep them and knock off $20. Price shipped w/o stocks $480.

·
Registered
613 Posts
With no dash mark after the model number, has it been back to the factory for the modification?

S & W had a re-call on the early Model 686's and after they were modified they were marked with an "M".

The M mod was/is simply to replace the bushing and firing pin with the same pieces as used on the -2 and up.

Please let us know and thanks.

Allen

·
Registered
613 Posts
BustClays, thanks for the answer about having the "M". I sure wish I had the extra cash as you have a nice piece there. I hope you have good luck selling it.

Allen

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
I would buy it if I didn't already have both 4" and 6" no-dash "M" models and was not leaving soon for my gunsmith's to pick up this -3 that I traded a 4" -4 to a retired LEO from Illinois to get.

Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Gun accessory

Ed

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Since I have had alot of interest and questions about this gun i would like to add the following : I am not the first owner. Do not have original grips. If you are looking for a pristine example of the model, this is not the gun for you. Near the end of barrel are polish marks that make it look like someone may have polished out some damage, It is more than just holster wear, but there is that as well. It's a good, solid shooter, great for the range or personal protection, not a show piece. As much as I want to sell it, I do not want anyone to be disappointed. Best wishes, Bob

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Bob, thank you for your openness and honestly. But would-be buyers can have the gun restored to its factory finish by Smith & Wesson and the charge is fairly reasonable.

Ed

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Going to a gun show this weekend for a reality check on my pricing. If I don't sell it there, I'll get the proper grips and try again here at a lower price. Thanks all. Bob

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Good for you. Glad you got it sold.I saw one at a gun show yesterday--No dash and in excellent shape w/o original grips. He was asking 650 for it.

Steve

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
You will have to look long and hard to find someone better to deal with than Bob (bustclays) my only problem with him is he sold the Browning I wanted. LOL Jim W

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.