Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While have been out of registering targets for some years , it’s same as has always seemed to be here since 1991-
we can’t seem to keep an existing trap range up & going!
Any opinions??

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Early 90s Don Casey closed his at Farmington.
Pontotoc T&S faded out circa 2000 as did Kossuth trap range. Now Corinth seems to be dead issue

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had heard the Corinth club was reopened.
As of last month it's for sale , machines separate from property. Read rumor that machines have sold, I passed on chance to buy 1 machine & voice release last week. AIM state was scheduled for there in June, I have on good authority this morning thats been moved to jackson

·
Registered
233 Posts
Small world. I am originally from New Albany. I know that McIvor has trap near Batesville, I am not sure if Whitetail Ridge is still functioning near Tupelo. Memphis might be the closest if Corinth is shut down.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Whitetail maybe barely functioning, but my current understanding is 1 field only there

·
Registered
596 Posts
Starkville gun club has 4 traps and very reasonable rates . Open access is Thursday afternoon, if anybody is interested check the web. site , it’s listed as Starkville Gun Club.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Starkville gun club has 4 traps and very reasonable rates . Open access is Thursday afternoon, if anybody is interested check the web. site , it’s listed as Starkville Gun Club.

Remember that club and several members very well. Too much drive for practice but I'll be making some registered shoots

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Corinth is GONE...land and machines have been sold.
McIvor in Sardis is a MPWD range. Hey do have two fields but house sporting clays machines in them. They will not throw doubles and the releases have a time delay built in.
Whitetail Ridge is hold in on by a thread.
Outlook is bleak at best in North Ms.
Jp

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Glad to know that you’re in the know Jim!
first I heard owners where keeping equipment, then a week later I heard it was for sale also.
Asked about buying trap/voice releases for 1field and was told they were holding out for batch sale.
‘Roughly 1 week ago I was asked if still wanted 1 field and I declined as I found a oscillator for my cheap trap.
It’ll throw a regulation bird- all I need is oscillator

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Too bad about Cornith ! For a while ,It was looking like they might make a go of it. I guess money talks. Kind of sad for North MS. Gun clubs are disappearing a lot it seems. A lot of folks have to drive a long distance to shoot now. The Ammo situation isn't looking good either. Sad times for the sport in a lot of ways. :(

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Too bad about Cornith ! For a while ,It was looking like they might make a go of it. I guess money talks. Kind of sad for North MS. Gun clubs are disappearing a lot it seems. A lot of folks have to drive a long distance to shoot now. The Ammo situation isn't looking good either. Sad times for the sport in a lot of ways. :(
Exactly sad times

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm from Fulton and am honestly more of a sportie, but I am planning on joining out at whitetail ridge. Always up for a good round of trap when there are no sporting clays around!

·
Registered
1 Posts
As of last month it's for sale , machines separate from property. Read rumor that machines have sold, I passed on chance to buy 1 machine & voice release last week. AIM state was scheduled for there in June, I have on good authority this morning thats been moved to jackson
Am sick to hear that the Corinth Club was sold. New owner had up-graded it nicely. Great place to shoot.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts